HTSCF CH 062 The Dark Flames King

As the capital, Gondoa had a protection stone, the largest one in fact. For Dark Flames to surround the invisible shield was something improbable, but alas, there was a Jun in the city, capable of transforming reality for the worst. Above, the sky darkened, and the dome part of the shield was shrouded with Dark Flames. People below panicked, muttering amongst themselves what to do should the shield fail to hold. Never in history had such a thing occurred.

The shield created by the protection stone, however, was not a shield nor a barrier, more so a ward and deterrence. It wasn't uncommon for a Dark Flame or two to slip through every once in a while, but this was an unnoticed phenomenon in Gondoa, where the Sword Association's base was located. Most of the time, Dark Flames passed by Gondoa without a pause.

With this many Dark Flames assembled, numbering in the hundreds of thousands, many were bound to slip through and cause immense casualties. What brought them here?

"It's him!" Violetta Valerie, who still held a vendetta against Jun for no reason, singled him out. "He's a Dark Omen!"

The Sword Hero followed her finger and glanced at Jun with some surprise. "Ian? You're alive? Didn't you..." He trailed off.

'Didn't I what!? Don't just trail off!' Jun shook a proverbial fist at the Sword Hero.

|Er, Host, seems like that person knows you?|

|No shit? How is that possible when I'm just a nameless Townsperson B?|

|I don't know, dearest Host, but with an incomplete plot source...|

|Alright, fine. This is nothing new.|

"You seem to be mistaken," Jun said. "My name is not Ian."

'It's Townsperson B, man.' He thought sarcastically, then thought it was pretty amazing they were able to hear and talk to each other from such a distance.

Violetta Valerie remained unmoved. "Whoever he is, it doesn't change the fact that he's a Dark Omen and brought the Dark Flames here! Underneath his blindfold is the burn scar!"

Jun wondered what wrong he committed to offend this woman, who was ungrateful despite him curing her burn scar. But if he could see her expression and where her gaze was directed, he'd kick Aurelius and have him go resolve the issue. Not one to care what people thought of him and since he'd been exposed, Jun removed his blindfold.

"... He really is a Dark Omen!"

"He brought them here!"

"Quick, toss him outside the city walls!"

Before anyone could do anything, though, thousands of Dark Flames fell from the sky.

"Goddammit, there goes our family vacation..." Jun muttered as he erected a real shield against the Dark Flames above Central Plaza. Whenever a Dark Flame slammed into it, they instantly disintegrated. "Lia!"

Hearing her daddy's call, Lia held up her hands to form another layer of a shield. Not as strong as Jun, she could only provide secondary support. Turquoise light swords and regular light swords materialized in the sky above the Dark Flames and crashed down upon them. Such magic hadn't ever been seen before and those watching were stunned speechless by the ease at which Dark Flames were being destroyed.

Only Swords had been able to deal with the Dark Flames, not Mages. What kind of Mages were these people to not require any incantations or staffs, just gestures of their arms? And that Dark Omen was a Mage?

"Impossible, Ian can't use magic!" The Sword Hero exclaimed.

Jun rolled his eyes at him. "Like I said, I'm not Ian."