HTSCF CH 063 After story: I will follow you

A/N: Very lightly edited chapter... 😅

After William Frankfort was eliminated, Gondoa's protection stone resumed its effectiveness, deflecting most of the Dark Flames. Whatever stragglers left behind were swiftly taken care of by the city's Swords, who up until that point hadn't had a chance to do much or shine.

At some point, Jun and his party disappeared into the crowd and weren't seen again in Gondoa. Before they left, Aurelius and Raven paid a visit to their mother, introducing Jun as their "wife" to her. More so than the fact that they had the same "wife," who turned out to be a man, Gracie Gravadain was relieved to learn that both her sons were alive. And they even brought her an adorable 11 year old granddaughter!

They stayed with her for a week before returning to Illia, their real home. Gracie Gravadain and her husband decided they'd move to Illia once they settled all their affairs. The reason they chose to remain in Gondoa was in the hopes Aurelius and Raven would return to them one day.

A month later, Jun received a notification from the system.

|Congratulations, dearest Host! Not only have you completed the two Side Missions, purify 100 Swords and cure 100 Dark Omens, but you've also completed the Main Mission! This is your best performance yet!|

Quite frankly, without the whack interference called Emil, Main Mission Type B's weren't all that difficult to complete.

|Now you will enter the lifetime protection period and you'll be able to live in this world until the end of your life in peace. Do you choose to stay, Host?|

|Of course.|

This was why he rushed to complete the two Side Missions over the last month. Running around and completing tasks? He'd rather live a quiet retirement life with Aurelius and Raven again.

|... Although the interference is gone, I must warn the Host that things could still go wrong this time, though to a lesser extent...|

What System 00 was referring to was the matter of his hundreds of years of life in the beastmen world having been cut to a mere 20 years and such other nonsense.

|I understand.|

Despite the system's concerns, Jun spent a total of 50 years in this world. The average life expectancy for the people here was 80 years old, so he lived a full life. During those years, Ophelia learned to combine the use of three types of magic, eventually surpassing Jun to be able to combine four types. Later, when she reached adulthood, she left home for her own adventure and became known as the Supreme Being.

Supremely intimidating, that is. It was difficult for Ophelia to find a partner, and after some time, she did, in the form of a sweet girl named Amelia, who was actually equally as fierce as her. Whenever they weren't adventuring, they stopped by Illia to visit Jun, Aurelius, and Raven.

Regarding Aurelius and Raven, they spent those years working very, very hard to impregnate Jun, which failed when they watched him close his eyes for the last time.

Raven caressed Jun's cool cheeks, his eyes filled with longing. Beside him, Aurelius stood with a lost expression, unusually silent and solemn. Would they ever be able to see that brilliant emerald green again...? Awareness struck both at the same time.

"Elior," Raven said.

"Azazel." Aurelius nodded at him.

"He's almost there."

"I know."

"Let's go then."

Much like the previous times, their bodies dispersed into thousands of red, yellow, and green sparkles before fading...