HTSCF CH 010 Tell me what you really want.

Beta: Jeannette

The zombie tide had been going on for three hours now, but there were still zombies stumbling toward Silver Base. Jun, watching this, discovered that it appeared to be worse than described in the original plot. The first zombie tide only took an hour to handle and in reality, it had been fewer thanks to Eli's contribution.

As for this zombie tide, it should have taken at most three hours, considering the base was made aware of the tide ahead of time and was able to make more than enough preparations. The difference, then, was in the number of zombies. At this rate, it looked like Jun, Azel and Eli would have to make their appearances.

Just his luck, this had to happen the night before his birthday, not to mention zombies were harder to deal with during nighttime. After he finished the last of his milk tea, Jun silently went to gather up his crossbow and dagger. Just in case, he also packed a standard bow and arrow set. Together with Azel and Eli, he started to make his way toward Silver Base.

By now Azel's psychic ability had upgraded to the point he could use it to float and fly, though his speed was nothing compared to zombie emperor Eli, who was tasked with carrying Jun, the very normal human.

Half an hour later, they landed on one of Silver Base's watchtowers and assessed the situation, which was being heavily besieged by zombies of all kinds. There were even the new variant C-Zombies. Those types had lost all human features and stood at nearly 3 meters tall with long, slinky arms.

Their power lay in their ability to throw zombies or pieces of debris at large distances, which was critical against the walls of Silver Base. Sometimes they'd even kill a human with their hits.

"Can you control them to turn back?" Jun asked Eli. The zombie emperor, who hadn't had the opportunity to exercise his powers other than to destroy and ward against zombies, laughed awkwardly. Seeing his helpless expression, Jun sighed. "Then I guess you'll have to do the usual."

Eli smiled and gave Jun a quick peck on the lips before jumping off the watchtower and down into the fray, his dual swords at hand. Azel's range had increased since upgrading, so he stayed with Jun to protect him and crush zombie brains from above. As for Jun, he shot down various normal zombies with his crossbow while wearing a disgusted expression on his face.

Although it was nighttime, there were many ability users in Silver Base with heightened vision and senses, so Jun and his team were easily spotted. Dahlye and her harem hadn't expected them to help but they were grateful. Just Eli alone would have been more than enough. Oriana spotted Jun and mouthed 'little Jun' as she waved, forgetting that Jun was a normal human with no abilities whatsoever.

"Your friend just waved at you," Azel mentioned.

"What friend?"

"... The one with a harem."

Jun frowned. Amazingly, there were many people with a harem in Silver Base, and he had no friends. There was one that could be considered an acquaintance maybe.

"Oriana?"

"Yes."

"Oh, that's nice. Maybe I should wave back?"

Azel shrugged and pointed in a certain direction. "She's that way if you want to."

Jun looked at where Azel was pointing and waved. The other ability users nearby Oriana, who didn't know him, half-heartedly and with much confusion, waved back, some of them blushing. It was a cute girl waving at them so how could they not wave back. If Jun heard their thoughts, he'd probably have thrown his crossbow at this crowd. Seeing their reactions, Azel narrowed his eyebrows and crushed about a dozen zombie brains.