HTSCF CH 036 The darling of the Wolf God and Dragon God

A/N: Where is the smut you ask? This writer wrote too much smut in the last arc and needs to take a break. But don't worry, the smut will happen when it happens lol (next chapter cough)

Also want to take time to once again thank readers for reading, favoriting, voting, rating and commenting! 🤗 All of it means a lot to me, and I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in this piece of work! 🙇‍♀️😁

Despite having promised they'd try and make time to see Jun, he had not seen even a shadow of Azazel and Elior for 3 months now, be it in the real world or Atlan.

Instead, during the last 3 months, the plot of the world had been trying very hard to make him suffer. Ever since the rumors about him being a sugar baby started, he had also been called a slut who only knew how to play around with men—

He wanted to argue: It was only two men, ok? And it was more than just playing around. He was very serious about them.

Preparatory school students had too much free time, and it was easy to pick on an underachiever like Fei Lan. Jun was sure his real self had also been an underachiever, but not because he couldn't do better, just that he wouldn't, preferring to be low-key and unnoticed instead. However, he had missed out on completing college for maybe two or more lifetimes now, so Jun was determined to do better.

When he became the ranked #3 student, then #2, and finally #1 during the monthly mock exams, people in school stopped spouting nonsense about him. Other than nasty words, some tried to bully him physically and threaten him for money. Did he look rich? Because he wasn't. He limited himself to 3—that number had to be cursed—milk teas a week, ok?

"It's ok, I taught them a lesson and they've since stopped bothering me." Jun was in the midst of a video call with Azazel and Elior, updating them with his situation. It was rare for them to have time for video calls with him because they were always busy. At the most, they sent him texts or voice messages.

Today was special, because it was the release date of the new update Azazel and Elior had been working on for the past 3 months or so, and the game had been undergoing maintenance for a whole day. The changes would affect a lot of previous gameplay, and he had to wonder why. Wasn't it just allowing gender change and multiple marriages?

"Then, we'll see you in the game in a few, baby."

"Ok."

Jun hung up the call and took out his VR helmet. It was a Friday night and he had already had dinner. There would be plenty of time to play during this weekend, and he was a little excited to see Azazel and Elior, even if it was just in-game. He wondered what their avatars looked like.

In Magnolia City, many players were gathered around the central fountain and it was a little crowded. ADAS was still in its infancy, but there hadn't been any major updates in half a year, so naturally, there were a lot of people online.

At UTC 11:00 there would be an opening ceremony, in which the developers would talk a little about the update. Server 3—Jun laughed in his head—had been lucky enough to be chosen for the event. Whereas other servers could only watch on a large digital screen in the sky, server 3 would personally partake in the ceremony.

Naturally, Server 3 was the server Jun was in, and he had a feeling that things might get rowdy. A minute before UTC 11:00 several men and women magically appeared floating in the sky. Many players recognized them as the various gods in the game. No, not god-tier players, but gods who were something like NPCs.

They were the avatars of the game developers and amongst them were the two most popular ones, the Wolf God and the Dragon God. Even with their faces half-hidden by a silver mask and a gold mask, Jun instantly recognized them. After all, their avatars were the replica of their real-world selves.