HTSCF CH 030 The epilogue that never was.

Several things happened a few days later that made it seem like the world was rewriting itself to accommodate Onyx's survival. Jun didn't have a chance to personally reveal Sorrel's true face when he did it himself. Because Leo was part of the Beastmen City council and trusted Sorrel, the protagonist was privy to all the council affairs.

A coup was carried out by Onyx and the Leopard Tribe. It was swift and without much obstruction due to Sorrel's aid and Onyx's overwhelming power. He, too, had reached the legendary Emperor rank. The four Kings in Beast City were nothing in his eyes.

Sorrel was delighted to find out that his man was so powerful. When Leo saw Sorrel standing next to Onyx with satisfaction, he understood the tragic reality that he had never been first but always second, that he had been deceived since the beginning. Although his heart ached, he was still Sorrel's mate and could not hate him. The only thing he could do was submit.

Beast City was shortly re-established under a single ruler, Onyx's, and the council was demolished. As the female of the sole ruler of Beast City, Sorrel became the female with the highest status in the entire continent.

Being set up on such a high pedestal, Sorrel went on a power trip and unknowingly precipitated his defeat when he told Onyx he wanted Azazel and Elior. Sorrel's entitled and spoiled behavior didn't start with Leo but Onyx, who had always pampered him long before Leo could.

Sorrel didn't realize that wanting another female's mates was essentially cursing them to death, but even if he did, he wouldn't have cared. In his eyes, Faye shouldn't have survived and was only prolonging his fate. On top of that, he still believed that Azazel and Elior would have been his had he been the one to encounter them first.

During the coup, Jun had just stayed at home with Azazel and Elior, because they didn't go out much unless they had to. Not that Azazel and Elior would let him out after he had given birth and they could finally resume their normal sexual activities, at least not for another month or two. As a result, they had been completely oblivious to what was happening outside while they were lost in their own world.

Hence, when Sorrel showed up with Onyx and Leo at their house to demand Jun give up Azazel and Elior, he laughed and understood why the Hidden Mission had completed itself. He didn't consider that things would turn out like this, but in a way, it was his actions that led to unlocking the Hidden Mission early and its fulfillment, even if indirectly.

"You're kidding, right?" Jun asked. "Regardless of whether or not I give you Azazel and Elior, it doesn't mean they would want you."

"All the beastmen want me."

'Oh god.'

Jun just couldn't. The protagonist was using the stupid title of this world as an argument. He palmed his face and peeked at Azazel through his fingers. "You want him?"

"No, babe. I only want you."

A glance in Elior's direction and one could see a look of explicit repulsion on his face. "No way, baby! You know you're the only one I want! Besides, I wouldn't want that ugly female even if I didn't have you."

Jun smiled at Sorrel. "So you see, it's not my decision but our decision and none of us want you. We are happy with wanting each other."

"Just you, baby. I'm allowing Azazel to tag along."

"Babe, I said he's like my brother."

Sorrel's face went from an angry scarlet to an embarrassed white and back to an angry scarlet. No beastman he wanted had ever rejected him quite so straightforwardly before.

"Then you can all just die." He said through gritted teeth.

"Dying is a bit extreme just for rejecting you," Jun said. "Why can't you just exile us from Beastmen City?"