Chapter 4 - Became Totally Alone, Or Am I?

Arien's POV

A few days passed, I found a small part-time job. It was at the small cafe near my school and it's a very nice cozy place. The training started yesterday and I will be off to work at Tuesday.

Only a day before opening of classes and I'm inside my room, just sketching on my sketch pad. It was somewhat nice that the place is quiet and only I could hear the trees dancing with the breeze.

Surprisingly, it never became hot in this place. Rather cold, cloudy, rainy or stormy. I experienced that after days have only passed. But when I go out, take one of the bicycle from the garage and ride to the city, it becomes totally summer heat. I just can't understand how the weather cycles while I'm here. Totally unbalanced.

Just when I'm about to drift into a sleep, I heard a commotion outside. What's happening?

I set my pad aside and opened my door to see what's happening. All of Mr. Levid's maids and guards are in a rush, getting their luggages out of the house. Wait, what?!

I hurried down the stairs, almost tripped on the way, and thankfully, I ran into Meredith who was also carrying her own things. Before she could get to the door, I got on her way.

"Can I ask what's happening here?"

"Sorry to tell you ma'am but, we eventually leave the house at this time of the year. And this year, it's much earlier than we expected so we were rushed by Mr. Levid, that I guessed he can't really force the schedule. Good stay, Ms. Arien Walter. I hope you won't have any difficulties without us."she said and left me hanging, until I heard engines as the sound fades, making the place more quiet than usual.

Dang.... I'm totally alone now.

-

Mr. Levid came home at about eight in the evening. What I also notice is that, he never leaves the house late in the morning.

Mostly, he would go out at one to five AM. Or maybe that's just because he's a doctor because doctors are always busy with work even at night. But I still find it suspicious.

"Mr. Levid? Can I ask you something?"I said, just when he entered the house. He looked up at me, I was by the railings of the second floor, that's why.

"What is it, Arien?"he asked.

I came down the stairs and went to face him.

"Why are the maids and guards leaves the house at this time of the year? I'm just curious."I told him.

He cleared his throat and flashed a small smile.

"Forget them."

And something just snapped.

"Are you asking me about something dear?"Mr. Levid asked me. Wait, what?

"Was I? I don't...really remember. Uhm, I should excuse myself now, Mr. Levid. I still need to get ready for school tomorrow."I said. He nodded.

"Yes, you should get ready for school. You don't want to stay up at night and be late for tomorrow."he said.

"Of course."and I climbed the stairs to the second floor, still thinking what I was about to ask Mr. Levid earlier.

I should really get some more sleep.

-

I was awaken from my slumber because of loud noises outside my room. There were voices of people coming from downstairs. I checked my phone lying on my bedside table. It's just 12:34 in the morning. What in the world...?

I sat on my bed, can't seem to go back to sleep.

"Oh, damn...."as I rub my eyes to gain my eyesight. I could see the bright moonlight seeping through the curtains. I hate being woken up from my sleep. Insomnia will attack me soon.

I need a glass of hot milk for this.

I slowly got off from my bed and wore my slippers. I walk towards the door and when I opened it, I felt a gush of cold wind just passed me. Are the windows open?

I went to the stairs and climbed down to go to the kitchen. The whole place is dark yet I could still see things because of some open lamps. No one's here. Weird. I really did hear some noises down here. I don't know why my hearing is so sensitive.

I came in the kitchen and opened the lights. I took a glass from the cupboard and took the milk container and put it on top of the counter. I started to boil water in a kettle.

I sat on one of the chairs facing the counter as I wait for it to boil.

But I felt something weird.

Someone's staring at me. Or rather, they are staring at me. I don't really know. But I could feel it.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Oh sh—

"Arien? Why are you still up? It's already midnight."I heard Mr. Levid spoke.

My goodness. That almost gave me a heart attack.

"Oh, uhm, I just want to make a glass of milk. I can't sleep."I answered honestly. Not so, really.

"That's good. Hot milk induces sleep."he said and sat on the chair beside me. "I still have some things to do, and I can't keep working without something to drink. Would you mind if, you could get me the red wine bottle in the fridge?"

Maybe that's where the noises are coming from, from his office. I guess....

"Of course."

I walked towards the fridge and opened it. Surprisingly, there are a bunch of red wines stored inside.

"They're all the same. Just take one."he said.

Just like he told me, I took one and also took a wine glass from his cupboard.

I put it in front of him and he opened it.

"Thank you."

I went back to my seat as I eyed at the kettle but the sound of the wine running disturbed me.

"That's.....a very thick red wine..."I spoke, can't keep my mouth shut.

"Oh, you noticed? It's only limited though. You want some?"he offered.

"Uhm, no thank you. I..don't drink alcohol."I answered.

"Hmm...not a shame. This really ain't for you."he said and flashed a grin, yet it disappeared quickly.

I wonder what kind of brand though. That looks like no wine.

~~~

A/N

Last chapter for the weekend!

Hi guys. I know I sound desperate but I would be very happy if you hit that vote button if you like my story. I'm losing my motivation to write and I'm afraid that I will end up abandoning another book.

Sadly, I haven't finish any book. Maybe the Female Series, but they were all one shots.

And I want this book to be recognized and known. I have a lot of ideas inside my head but I can't make it into a whole book without any support from anyone.

If your reading this, thank you and I hope you're enjoying.

Happy reading!