Chapter 42 - Something

Arien's POV

My brain is getting slower and slower due to the recent happenings and now?

Is he kidding me?

Like......wwwhhaattt????

"You're kidding..."I spoke, almost breaking the tension until his face became totally serious.

"No. I'm not."he said.

"Luuhh..."I reacted uncontrollably. His brows crunched.

"What? I just asked you to make us into something. What should we be? You choose. Friends, Siblings, Dating, or in an official relationship?"he asked with an innocent face.

"You..are actually asking me that? You ain't shy?"I asked.

"Why would I be shy if I could boldly tell you that?"

"Well, you do have a point.."

"So, what would you like? I won't mind any in the choices. Unless...you don't like anything in the choices."

"Hhmm... I'm thinking of being friends up to siblings only. That's the only something I could give to you."

"Ouch. I feel hurt."and he acted like something hit him hard on his chest. I punch his arm, which felt like stone underneath those lean clothing. "Silly."

"Can I ask the reason why?"he asked when he's back to normal.

"Because I already like someone."I answered without hesitation. I feel like I'm changing these days.

"Really? Who is it then?"

"No way. It's a secret I won't tell anyone. I will keep it to myself, and only to myself."

"What a shame. Well, I'll be going now. Someone's glaring at me from afar."he said and looked across us. I followed his eyes but failed to locate what he was looking at.

"Who's glaring at you?"

"You don't have to find out."and he showed me that killer smile before standing up and walked away from me.

Yeah. Those creatures are insanely handsome.

Oh. I almost  forgot about the game.

I look back at the field and saw the three of my friends climbing up the stairs of the bleachers, maybe trying to reach my seat.

Once they were near, I waved at them.

"So? How's the game?"I asked them.

"Tss. You! Why didn't you tell us you were close with John? We would have been friends!"Klarissa complained.

So they saw it. Ugh.

"No, we aren't. He plainly sat beside me. Period."I reasoned out.

"Liar. Hmph!"she said and sat beside me.

"Who won?"

"Us of course. You were so busy having a conversation with Mr. John Levid the great that you forgot about us and your support."Reina seconded.

"Well, if you were on my place what would you do if a handsome guy sat beside you?"

"Of course I will feel tingles all around my body!"and she shrieked lightly.

I shook my head, smiling. They just don't change.

-

"Students, this weekend, we will be having a two-day field trip."our adviser announced earning a few yeses from my classmates. Well, Poly doesn't seem to like the idea of this trip.

"You okay Poly?"I asked her, glaring at the innocent teacher. I can see a gush of red blush on her pale face.

"I don't like field trips."

"Well, maybe you can refuse. I don't think it's mandatory."

"It will be."

And just when she told me that, the teacher spoke again.

"And students, please note that this field trip is mandatory since we will be learning about the biodiversity of the forest and fields we will be visiting. If you'll refuse to come, you will miss a lot of knowledge about our topic. But of course, I won't let you. Anyway, sine you all are already adolescents, you can just tell your parents about this trip to let them know your whereabouts when the weekend comes. Are we all clear?"

"Yes ma'am."

"And, this trip is completely free, the expenses are on the school's budget so you won't be paying anything."

The bell rang.

"Well, I'll provide more details on Friday. For now just tell your parents. Goodbye."

"Goodbye ma'am."

And everyone was dismissed. I looked at Poly who's already packing her things. How did she know about that? No one actually talked or known something about it..

I just shrugged my shoulders and catch up with her. We both exited the classroom and looked for Klarissa and Reina who are also waiting for us by their classroom door.

"Hey."I greeted. They both smiled and joined us in walking along the hallway, reaching for our locker area.

"Have you heard about the field trip already?"Reina asked. I nodded.

"It was just announced a few moments ago. Poly hates it being mandatory."I answered and looked over my shoulder where Poly was, still having a grumpy face.

"Yeah. She always hated trips. Especially in forests."

I yawned as I headed to my locker door and rummaged through my bag to get the keys.

"There's a lot of project I should finish to pass this semester. Plus work..ugh. I do need a bunch of coffee drinks."I spoke to myself and opened my locker door.

"Coffee, you say? Here it is."I heard a familiar voice beside me.

I turned to him and saw him smiling at me while holding a cup of coffee from the nearby coffee shop.

"O-Oh...Thanks John. You.. don't have to do this.."I awkwardly said as I look around, a couple of eyes observing us quietly.

But anyway, I accepted his coffee drink offer. He then shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't really mind. It's fun doing something for a friend that could help him or her with something."

In my peripheral vision, I saw my friends gawking at us, unable to process the sudden situation.

"Ahh..ehhehe.. thanks for the coffee."

"No problem. You can just tell me what you need and I'll fetch it for you."he said and plastered his sweetest and cutest smile i've ever seen from his face.

"That's...so kind of you...."

"Well it's nothing. Anyway, I'll be off now. I don't want to be murdered by my own beloved."he said and winked at me. Atleast he tried.

He then turned around and walked away.

"Bruh... I knew you were lying earlier.."

"Yeah like, push it on another level man!"

"Yeah. Kiss him already."

I was quite startled by Poly's bold sentence but I was more startled when someone bang their locker door so loud and strong that the whole locker cabinet shook.

Everyone was utterly startled that they were unable to speak a word. It's like an aftershock. Sheesh.

I turned to the nearest locker where the loud bang came from but only the back of the guy was the only thing I saw.

Who was that person? And what made him act like that?

Why should I care anyway.

~~~

A/N

Guess who was that?
Do you have any hunch?
Comment below if you want.
I do appreciate it.