Chapter 18 - Fell For Their Trap

Arien's POV

"What in the world have you done?!"

"Now, now, calm down Arien. It wasn't my fault. It was an accident."

"An accident?! Then how can you explain this?! Why do you have it?!"

"A friend of mine found them. Well, he ain't a nice guy, and he demands payment for healing them."

"P-Payment? What kind of payment?"

"Well, this world contains greedy people. And so as we. He wanted money. A huge amount, so he can bring them back safely, and whole."

"So, w-what do you want from me?"

"Hhmm... Let's see... My son needs blood. And he's very picky."

"You mean...."

"Yes, Arien. And if you agree to this, I can pay for your family, and bring them back here safely."

"But what if, I refuse?"

"You'll know what happens."

-

My hands turned into fists as I grip onto my necklace that's stained with blood. I didn't have a choice.

"And by the way, if I knew you told anyone about this, the same unfortunate thing will happen, but you're gonna be included."

Damn you old man! But he doesn't look old though.

I was horrified when I first saw my necklace. I gave this as a gift to Andrei when he was seven. And when I saw it covered with blood, I knew something bad happened.

They were suppose to come home today. And I didn't even know. They met an accident along the way. And the rest is history.

I sighed as a tear rolled down my eyes. I just exited Mr. Levid's office, agreeing to what we discussed.

To be his son's f*cking blood support.

-

I just realized that they tried to call me a few times, but I didn't get to answer them.

I stayed in my room the whole night, sulking and hoping that they were fine.

I just left my room when I felt hunger. I can't really ignore my stomach growling. It was already midnight and I hope everyone was already sleeping. The lights were off and I swiftly reached the kitchen.

I opened the lights and my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

"Holy sh*t!"

They were all sitting on the counter chair, drinking on wine bottles, which I presume, blood.

I shot them deadly glares as I walked towards the fridge. I don't care if their vampires. I hate them. Their monsters.

I was wearing my peach-colored hoodie and a black and white pajama with panda print on it. I know. I look ridiculous right now. But I don't care.

I aggressively opened the fridge door and grabbed a milk carton which contains a liter of milk and a whole box of cookies. I don't care if they ran out of food. They don't eat these anyway. These are just decoration. They drink blood. Sucks to be them.

I slammed it hard that the whole thing shook as I turned around to go back to my room.

"Should I go for her?"

"What? Me first. I'm the youngest."

"Nah. Be nice to her guys."

"I bet her blood is tasty."

"I agree. I can't wait."

"I hope it's high class."

"Shut up. She's mine."

I can't take it anymore. I turned around and gave them equal shares of my bloodshot eyes.

"I'M NOT YOURS!! F*CK YOU ALL!"

And walked away. Now that they blew their own covers, I might as well blow away mine.

-

I shoved an overflowing fried rice inside my mouth and drank the iced coffee drink straight as I munch on my food, my friends looking at me weirdly.

"Hey, slow down Arien. You might shove us inside your mouth as well."Reina joked.

I huffed and puffed and ate a spoonful again. They all sighed.

"Really girl, what's happening? Something kicked you off your good side and you went to your bad side?"Klarissa asked.

"Kind of. And not just the bad side, the darkest bad side."I answered. They all just shrugged.

I was glaring nonstop at their corner. They were just there, chilling, like nothing serious happened over the weekend. Damn those sh*theads.

But I was even startled when Ethan turned to me and our eyes met. I was too startled that I eventually shrink and avoided his gaze. How can his stares affect me? Sucks.

Finally, I stopped shoving too much fried rice inside my mouth and swallowed them before talking.

"Hey, guys...I wanted to ask you all about something."I started.

"Of course. What is it?"Reina, it picked her interest.

"Do you....believe in vampires?"

"Nah."

"I don't think they exist."

"Yes."

We all looked towards Poly who's sipping on her strawberry milk tea.

"What? I just told you I believe in them."she said.

"We thought you were just kidding about the vampire thing on the first day of school, but you actually believe in them?"Reina asked, a bit surprised.

"So you didn't actually believe me in the first place? I feel betrayed."

"It's not that. It's just, vampires are old news already. And nothing exist in this time."Klarissa.

"Then why do you believe in them?"I asked her. She looked at me.

"Can't tell. I don't wanna be scolded."she answered and continued to sip on her drink.

Scolded? Why would she be scolded?

This girl is really something.

"Anyway, changed topic. Arien, I found you a blind date!"Klarissa shrieked. My eyes widened.

"What?! You were serious about that?!"I exclaimed.

"What? You ain't happy? You should be since those guys are handsome. All of us four will be going next Sunday."

"WHAT???"the three of us exclaimed in unison. Klarissa just chuckled.

You have got to be kidding me.

-

We all finished our lunch and we still have half an hour before class starts again for the afternoon period.

We were all walking by the hallway when I noticed that we will going to pass by those guys.

"Haven't you noticed anything in those guys?"Reina asked, talking about the seven of them.

"What do you mean? Nothing changed but their beauty stayed."Klarissa answered.

"No, I mean, they don't seem approachable now. What made them like that?"

"Yeah. I noticed that too. They don't seem to care about anyone now."Poly added.

And maybe that's because of what happened this weekend. They blew off their cover in front me, and now in front of the whole school. They ain't good boys. Their just like the others.

Bad boys.

Meet me at music room. I need you.

Ah. Sh*t. It's starting.