Chapter 13 - The Party's Over

Arien's POV

I woke up early in the morning. Specifically, five in the morning. Why do I wake up early in the weekends and late in school days? How ironic.

I got off from my bed and went out of my room. Silence welcomed me. No one's home.

Maybe this is why Mr. Levid wanted someone to occupy even just one room. Too much quietness can be deafening.

I sighed. I turned the lights on and went to the kitchen to make my own breakfast.

Mr. Levid haven't returned home since last night. Usually, he would be already here every time I finish my job at night. Maybe he's too busy at the hospital? I don't really know.

And those guys.... Nah. Don't care about them. They can do their own businesses.

While I'm cooking a few strips of bacon, I felt that someone was watching me. I know. You might think I'm a paranoid but I'm no—

*Holy sh*t!"I really have to refrain myself from cursing too much.

I haven't even finished my thoughts. When I turned around, four pair of eyes were staring at me, asking for food.

Dogs???!

Freaking cuties!!!!!!

"Oh my gosh...these creatures are adorable..."I spoke to myself as I sat down to face them. They were all sitting on the floor, with their own food containers in front of them.

"Are you all hungry?"I asked, not sure if they understand.

But to my surprise, they all barked. Oohh. Smart dogs.

Firstly, I took off my almost burnt bacon off the heat to prevent myself from failing cooking. It always been devastating.

"I don't really know where the dog food is..."I spoke, looking around hoping to find a bag of dog food.

One of the dogs stood up and walked towards the cabinet under the kitchen counter. He kept on scratching it. I went there to know what's bothering him.

And yes. He found the dog food before me.

I equally fed them in their food containers and they quietly munch on it while I also eat my breakfast. Do these dogs belongs to those guys? I haven't seen Mr. Levid keeping dogs as pets.

After having some breakfast, I took a shower and dressed up a casual outfit. A blue plain shirt, tucked in a jeans, with a long white cardigan to top it all. I wore a pair of black shoes since I'm going to work.

I took a small backpack that contains my phone and wallet. I also brought with me the notebook and invitation. I might want to return it later since it has an address on it.

When I came down, the dogs are already at the living room, just chilling and sitting on the couches. I guess I can leave them here. They seem to be behave.

Why haven't I seen them before? Do these dogs being locked up inside a room or they just don't come near strangers?

I just shrugged it off and went out of the house. Franklin ain't present here today and his job is only to bring and pick me up to and from school every school days.

So, I don't have any choice but to ride the bike. My feet won't handle it if I would walk up to the highway and ride on a taxi.

I took it from the garage and left the mansion.

-

I finally arrived at the coffee shop.

Too.....early.

I checked my wristwatch. It's still six thirty in the morning. The road and streets were barely filled with people. The sun might already be present, but as you can notice, it's Saturday. And Saturday is the day to rest from Friday nights.

Oh. I totally forgot about Reina. She called last night and drunk. I bet she went to a friday night party. I hope she safely got home.

The coffee shop is still closed. I think Emilia have the key. It opens at seven so I'm thirty minutes early.

Nothing to do, I opened my almost empty bag and picked out the invitation. Should I return it and the notebook? The owner might be looking for it already. And I still have time before opening.

-

After riding a taxi and paid a bit expensive for the meter, I arrived at the subdivision where a white modern house is. Thankfully, the guard let me pass since I have an invitation.

The place seems too quiet for a party. I guess it's already over?

Well, I'm not coming here for the party. I'm here to return lost things.

I was already at the front door. I checked the address again to be sure.

House 404
White Subdivision, Rose Street
Black Dust, Southwest Camerone

Why am I so nervous about this?

Anyway, I swiftly rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open it. But no one answered.

I rang it again, and again, and again. But much to my dismay, no one still opened it for me. I'm sure this is the house. Has everybody already left?

I started knocking.

"Hello? Is anybody home?"still, no one answered.

I turned the doorknob and surprisingly, it's unlocked. I don't want to trespass, but lost things really bugs me that I need to return them back.

I opened the door and the first thing that welcomed me was a messy house, just like those house after a party. Just like hangover. I've never experienced it though. My parents are strict.

Red plastic cups are everywhere, streamers and balloons are up the ceiling. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some sleeping body left here somewhere.

I reached the living room and of course it was messy. But no one is there. No sleeping body or some guys suffering from hangover and vomiting everywhere. Eww. Yuck. I'm disgusted by my own thoughts now.

"Hello....? Anyone...?"I called out. Hoping for just even a small voice to answer it. But no. Still quiet. Gripping my bag, I went to the other parts of the house. It was messy, but empty with people.

There's only one place left to search.

The second floor.

I started to climb the stairs. When I arrived there, I heard small snores coming from somewhere. Tsk. They were just sleeping. How deep did they go through their dreams that they can't be wake up?

I noticed a slightly opened door of a room. It seems like it's where the snores comes from.

I slowly opened the door completely.

"Hello......??"

But I didn't think it would turn out this way.

"Holy crap......"

Everything seems over, but not the world who's always toying with me.