Chapter 37 - She's Back

Arien's POV

After our visit at the garden with my friends, a week had passed and I never had a conversation with anyone in the house, surprisingly.

Sunday. I was cleaning my own room with a vacuum cleaner when my phone rang. I picked it up from my nightstand and answer it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"I asked, still is busy cleaning the rugs.

"Arien!"a familiar excited voice replied at the other line.

I stopped on my place while the vacuum cleaner is still buzzing like an idiot. I looked at my phone screen and my eyes widened before putting it on my ear once again.

"Eria?!"I asked, a bit shock. I haven't heard anything from her for months!

"Thank goodness! I thought you wouldn't recognize me! Did you not save my name with my phone number?"a naughty accusation is visible in her voice.

"Of course I did! I was just busy cleaning my room."I answered as I look at the irritating vacuum cleaner.

"Yeah. I could hear the sound of a vacuum cleaner from there."Eria replied. I turned off the device. The sound of it is bugging me.

"Well? How are you? Did you enjoy your vacation? Have you found a job already?"I asked continuously.

We might have only known each other for two days, but we were much closer than expected.

Eria is five years older than me. She told me that she went into college for two years and she just graduated a couple of months ago. She took a vacation with her parents to enjoy herself before looking for a job and settle down at one place.

"It was fun with my parents. They also let me go on my own and meet a few people. How about you? Anything happened?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds. I don't think I can tell her my situation right now.

"I-Its fine. My normal boring life is still sailing. Hehehe.."I answered.

"Really? Well that's good to hear. And about my job, I was accepted as a secretary at a big company. Do you know where it is?"

"Where?"I asked, curious. But I think I already had a hunch.

"Here! In Camerone!"

"Here? You mean you just came home?"I asked, a bit surprised.

"Yeah. I don't like to work outside my hometown. I will always miss it if ever."

"I'm happy for you. When did you arrived?"

"Two weeks ago. I was actually planning to visit you but decided to just apply at a company first. And thankfully, it only took me one try and I was accepted immediately!"

"Well that was impressive! I bet you have some excellent interview performance."

"No, not really. But I'm happy that I got the job. The salary is high and if I'm going to last long in that company, I can already buy a house and lot in just a year."

"The company owner must have been a rich billionaire."I commented.

"Like yuh, it's so obvious."

"So? When are you going to visit me? I thought you wanted to."

"Do you want me to go there now?"

"Of course! I want to talk more about what we have missed these couple of months."

"You're still in the mansion?"she asked, a hint of worry and frustration is lingering in her voice.

"U-Uh..Y-Yeah, of course. Where else should I be?"I heard her sigh in the other line.

"Okay then. I'll be arriving in a few minutes. See ya girl friend!"

"See you soon too. Grab some snacks too."

"Yeah, yeah. Of course. I'll hang up now."

"Bye."

"Bye!"and she cut the call off.

I stared at my phone for a good one minute before realizing what just happened.

Eria, is back.

Why do I feel nervousness about her arrival?

I don't think I should feel this. She became my first friend in this unfamiliar city. I shouldn't feel nervous around her. Unless, I want to keep my status hidden from her.

That I just encountered vampires.

-

I was in the living room, patiently waiting for Eria when someone approached me. I looked up from my book and found Jay, looking at me. He was wearing that same black outfit before.

"H-Hey..."I was the first one to greet him.

"Yeah..hey..."he greeted back, sounded somewhat awkward. "Well, I was just about to ask if you'll be fine here, alone? Me and my brothers are leaving to deal with some problems."

"Uh...y-yeah of course. My friend is also coming over so I won't be alone in this house."

"Really? Then I hope you will have a great time with your friend. We'll take our leave."he said and left my sight. He headed to the front door, his other brothers climbing down the stairs and went after him, wearing the same clothes as his.

After a few seconds, I heard the front door shut and the silence enveloped me.

Afterwards, a few questions entered my mind.

Do those guys know Eria? Have they met before?  Have Mr. Levid introduced her to them? Do they know she's back?

I shook my head together with those thoughts. I don't think I should be thinking about that. All I need to do is to welcome a friend whom I haven't seen for months.

I just continued to read the book I took under the coffee table to pass time.

I few moments later, I heard the doorbell rang. I immediately stood from my seat and went towards the front door. I opened it and there she was, beautiful as ever.

"Arien!"

"Eria.."

And we both hugged each other.

"Here are the snacks you asked for!"she said and lifted the paper bag she have been carrying all along.

"Thanks. Come in..."

We chatted as we went straight to the kitchen. She took out the food from the paper bag. It was two cup of fried noodles with eggs and two chocolate frappé.

"So..how was....the mansion?"she asked. She seem to hesitate while asking that.

I paused from sipping the drink and look up at her.

"It was....fine."I answered and displayed a smile.

"That's....good. So how was school? A bit depressing? Or a hot and handsome guy is inspiring you to attend classes everyday?"she asked with a naughty smile on her face.

"Of course not!"I answered and blushed.

Maybe...Ethan?

Holy sh*t. Did I just thought about him? Oh dang it. This is not good.

"Oh really? But it looks like your blushing... Yiieee...our girl is having a crush..."

"No I'm not!"I denied again.

But I think I just had.

~~~

A/N

Oohh~~~

She's back. A filler chapter before the intense. I guess...