Chapter 45 - The Rainforest

Arien's POV

Our grade level consists of six sections and a bus can load up to forty students. Which lead us to three buses because we are a total of 120 eleventh grade students. The other section have the same number of students, which in total, have six buses being rented for this camp.

They must have spent a lot for this field trip.

I was now settled on a seat beside the window, with Poly on the seat next to me, wearing her pink hoodie, as she lean on my shoulder to sleep.

It was still dark outside but a few glint of sunlight swarm at the east part of the sky which lies there beautifully. This will be a nice ride with the sunrise.

The trip was a bit chilly as the teacher that was assigned to our group of students announced that we will be heading to the southeast of Camerone City where rainforests flourish. I haven't been there yet but base on what I've heard, it's an ethereal beauty at the sight of it.

About three hours later, we arrived at our destination. The sun was already up and it was already nine in the morning.

And I wasn't wrong when I saw those huge trees and healthy vegetation of the land. Colorful and unfamiliar plants scattered the forest floor as we walk by the dirt path where a few grass and flowers grow. It's quite a clearing for tourist or people who would like to visit this amazingly beautiful place.

We already passed by the small town which was the Evergreen. It was a peaceful place with only a few people. Maybe citizens prefer loud cities than isolated areas of this land since the Camerone City was packed.

We continued trekking for a couple more minutes before we arrived at a grass field with a couple of cabins built around the place. The field was in the middle of the rainforest, surprisingly.

"The captain of the town actually discovered this abandoned place which he never knew existed in this rainforest. Instead of removing these cabins, he renovated them to make it into a staying place for those people and tourist who would like to visit and document this rainforest. Thankfully, he agreed for us to have a field trip in this area and reserved this place for us for two days and one night. And do not worry about wild animals, this forest is free from them. Safe and protected."one of the teachers explained as we look around the place.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh scent of the greenery around me. It looks unfamiliar and familiar at the same time. Nature always has this effect on me.

There were a total of nine cabins in the place and nine wooden cubicles a couple of feet away from them. There are also some picnic tables scattered in the middle part of the field. The eight larger cabins are for the students while the other smaller one is for the six teachers who will be guiding us students in this field trip.

The eight cabins are divided into two for the eleventh and twelfth grade. Each grade's cabins are also divided into two for girls and boys to be separated. All in all, there are four cabins for girls and four cabin for boys.

After we were divided by the teachers, we all headed to our assigned cabin. We were at cabin four, I was actually thankful that all of my friends were there with me.

We took off our shoes before entering it, just what the teachers have instructed us.

"I'm so excited about this trip! This place feels so magical!"Klarissa spoke as we fix our things just like our hygiene kit and slippers that we brought along to be comfortable.

"I know right. It's like I stepped into a fairytale like scenery. I have never seen this kind of place before."Reina seconded.

"Yeah. I do agree with you at that. But I don't like the atmosphere in this place. It feels suffocating."Poly doubted. I nodded since I've felt something off too.

Once we have arranged our things, we went out of the cabin just like what other students did. We haven't seen the sun when we stepped in the forest since the trees blocked the sunlight with their huge flock of leaves, making it impossible for it to pass through.

Teachers brought a lot of snacks for us, students headed near those picnic tables where they settled the foods.

I wasn't feeling too hungry and so I just decided to rome around the place and ended up entering the rainforest crowded with trees and leaves filled dews due to cold and chilly weather.

The place was truly magical,  just like what Klarissa describe it. The strong scent of some herbs and blossoming wild flowers lingered my nose.

I put my hands inside the huge pocket of my hoodie and continued to walk deeper inside the forest, while continuously remembering where I trailed off.

But as I walk around, observing the place, I was startled to see an extraordinary scene.

There was this small green flame, floating at a certain place. I was shock to see it, can't seem to know what kind of thing is that. It doesn't seem like a wild fire and it is not affecting any of the plants around it.

Are my eyes toying with me? I rubbed both of my eyes with my hands but it stayed there. This isn't a joke?

I went nearer, seeing it circling around it's place. What kind of thing is this?

Is this rainforest really magical?

Random unbelievable questions flooded my mind. I was about to step more closer to it when it suddenly disappeared and appeared again, but this time, it was further to where I was standing.

It seems like it wanted me to follow.

And because I was a brave and stupid at the same time, I followed it without thinking where it would bring me.

A few more minutes later, as it appear and disappear repeatedly in my sight, it finally stayed in place just behind a huge tree.

I walked towards it, it didn't disappear this time. It was just circling, just like what it always does a few moments ago.

"What kind of thing are you?"I asked, unsure if this thing or being could hear me.

It continued to circling around,  but instantly disappeared into thin air after I heard a few growls coming from an animal. I looked around but I haven't seen it appear again.

I heard low growls again, sensing it was just behind the tree in front of me.

I stood up and went to the huge tree's side, only to see another unbelievable scene.

Wolves.

~~~

A/N

So we are down to this topic!

See you on the next chapter!