Chapter 38 - Feelings Resurfaced

Arien's POV

We chatted for awhile in the kitchen, until the question that's been lingering inside my head suddenly slip off my tongue.

"Have you known them all along?"

Eria looked at me with her forehead creased while eating her noodles.

"I-I mean...have you known that Mr. Levid have sons?"

Have you always know what they are? A voice inside me also asked.

"Yes. They were great guys. Especially Ethan."she answered without hesitation.

"E-Ethan? How come?"I asked, sounding uninterested but in the inside I'm already dying to ask her rude or under the belt questions. But I'm not that kind of person either.

"Well, he's nice and kind. Very. I think he's the guy everyone dreams of."she answered, somewhat daydreaming.

A nice Ethan....the total opposite of the guy I met a few months ago..

"Yeah...he is.."

"When I was still here, we used to hang out a lot and go to different places, together with his brothers. They stayed here for a good two months and they suddenly disappeared. Mr. Levid said they need to deal with some business that's why they need to leave asap."

"And I haven't seen them since then. And I was about to confess to Ethan about how I feel towards him, but they already left before I could."

The last sentence made me stop eating my noodles.

She was...what?

"W-What kind of feel?"I asked, plastering a fake interested emotion on my face and a smile. I'm always good at doing this.

"That... I already fell for him."she said, looking at me intently.

And my whole world shattered for no specific reason. And I don't even know why I'm feeling this. I shouldn't be feeling this. I shouldn't be feeling hurt just because she told me she liked Ethan, no, she have fallen for Ethan. Why do I feel like crying all of a sudden?

Ugh. I hate myself for being emotional.

Like what I did before, I plastered a very shocked face and smiled excitedly afterwards.

"Oh my gosh...really?! That's so lit! Since now that you finally returned, you can finally tell him your feelings. You know, they were actually staying here for a few months already.."

"R-Really? They're here? Where are they?"she asked eagerly.

I hate playing fake sometimes.

"They just left before you arrived. Jay told me they need to deal with some businesses, but I think they will be home tonight or tomorrow morning."I answered honestly, but my smile wasn't honest.

"Y-You think so? Do you think it would be a great idea to finally tell him I liked him? Because up until now, he's the only guy my heart speaks even after almost a year of not seeing him."she said.

"Yeah. I suggest you tell him already before its too late and you'll regret no telling him at all. Because like everyone said, regret is always seen at the end."I told her.

And at that point, I knew I admired Ethan even though he doesn't treat me like the way he treated her.

And that's what I most envied about.

-

We spent more time at the kitchen than we expected and didn't realized that it was already night. Eria came in the afternoon so that wasn't surprising at all.

"I didn't know our talk would take that long. I wouldn't be worried if this mansion of Mr. Levid was just sitting in the middle of the city."Eria complained whule looking at the night sky.

We are currently outside the front door. We stopped when we noticed the dark night sky earlier.

"I know right. Why did he even decided to build a house in the middle of the forest?"I asked even though I knew the reason behind it. It is to keep their identity from the people in the city.

"Do you still remember my warning before?"she suddenly asked, making me look at her. She was looking up above the night sky.

"Yes. Very clear inside my mind."I answered honestly. The warning I never get to follow because of my stupidity and carelessness.

"Have you.....prevented it?"she asked, turning her head to me this time, only I can see it my peripheral vision since I was busy admiring the twinkling stars scattered on the sky.

"Yes thankfully, and because I'm also a good girl. Anyway, tell me, is it already the right time to tell me the reason why you warned me about that?"I asked, I turned to her too, a bit caught off guard of my question. I continued to play dumb and decided not to spill the beans to her.

She looked away and cleared her throat. She then let out a small chuckle and played with her shoes. She gripped her red trench coat before speaking.

"I don't think so, Arien. It seems like you still don't know a lot of things in the mansion. And because you still don't, I won't be telling it to you."she answered.

I smiled meaningfully and looked back at the night sky.

I already know enough of it. Enough to actually see to it that you never suspected a thing about my fake identity today.

"I do respect your decision and I wouldn't want to squeeze it out of you. And your words are true. I still don't know anything about this place. And I think I wouldn't want to find out either. I guess being kept in the dark is also a good thing sometimes."I replied and plastered a genuine smile.

Even though those sentences are utterly fake. And long ago, after I found out about what are those guys really are, I already suspected that she knew about them too. Being vampires. What's the use of her warning if she doesn't know about them? And vampires are attracted to blood, that is why she doesn't want me to spill even a drop while living in here.

I'm too smart for my own good.

She was about to speak when a black car parked in front of us, Mr. Levid getting out of the back seat. After he closed the car's door, he then realized our presence.

"Eria? How have you been?"he asked the girl beside me.

"I'm currently living fine Mr. Levid. How about you?"Eria replied politely. The man nodded.

"Mmm. Like my usual life. Anyway, you're going home? Franklin can drive for you."he offered.

"Really Sir? Thank you very much. I appreaciate your kindness."Eria thanked.

"Of course. Get home safely."

"I will. Bye Arien, I'll be visiting next time."and off she went to enter Mr. Levid's car.

"Bye. See you soon."I spoke, even though I knew she couldn't hear it.

We both watch as the car drove away. After it disappeared in our sight, Mr. Levid then continued to walk inside the mansion, but I heard his footsteps stopped just behind me.

"Ready yourself, Arien. I think I might have found a replacement for you."

~~~

A/N

I thought this part would be short. I was about to insert more scenes but it already exceeded my word capacity in a chapter.

Anyway, here's the past reveal about Eria. But there's more to it than meets the eye.