Chapter 30 - The Gym

Arien's POV

A few days had passed. And still, that uncomfortable feeling at the amusement park still lingers in my senses.

After that 'Disco Pang Pang' ride, I swear, I won't visit an amusement park again. Never. Never ever!

Last night, we also went to Klarissa's favorite place. The salon. It was a good thing for her that it was still open. For us, like me and Poly, we are not salon buddies. But the both of them, Reina and her, they are totally go.

It was a torture for us both to get our toenails done. We complained every time and the pedicurist can't do anything but to glare at us, her eyes saying not to move. Because every time it hurts, we pop on our seats. Who could blame us? We are not used to this!

I flopped on my study table and rested my chin on it while I play with my ruler. I looked underneath and saw my shiny coated toenails. It looks nice though. I didn't regret going there.

I looked at my wall clock and it's nearly eleven in the morning. Luckily, today have no classes because there was this day called Sports Day. I am only a spectator and coming there wasn't mandatory, thankfully. I am fully NOT interested in ANY sports. I don't like sports. Period.

And, I don't have any part time job today because Emilia and Nathan went on a DATE. Yeah. Not surprised at that. I've been seeing sparks in between them every time I'm working at the cafe. Like, if it wasn't for me being a waitress and a dishwasher, I would be a third wheel or someone who's not agreeing with their relationship. Sheesh. Sometimes, being in between is bad.

I don't know if they did that thing in the cafe. I would be plainly disgusted. I don't want the cafe that I'm working at is already blessed by them making a miracle. I could actually vomit at the sight of it.

They didn't actually tell me directly that they were going on a date but I already sensed it. My nose is more than that. Hehehe...

I felt my tummy rumbled when I accidentally thought of the cakes and macaroons that we sell in the cafe. Oh great.

I stood up from my seat and my outfit of the day was revealed. I was wearing a blue striped oversized sweater and a thin black leggings. I was wearing a dark blue t-shirt inside the sweater but it's barely seen. I wore a pair of black and white fluffy indoor slippers because those were the only ones available inside the house.

I exited my room and went straight to the kitchen. I found Jay preparing a meal on a tray.

"For whom is that?"I asked him as I walk up to him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Oh hey there Arien. Could you do me a favor?"he asked. I just nodded at him.

"Can you bring this to John upstairs? He's in the gym. He haven't eaten anything yet this morning."he said.

"You have a gym? I never knew."I replied honestly.

"Well then, it's time for you to know."

He told me the ways of the second floor and I started to go upstairs. I went straight, then went to the left, then to the right, and I found a double door that both has a small window.

I looked inside the place and I can hear some punches and mild breathing of a person. I can't see anyone because it was coming from the corner of the gym. It wasn't too big and too small. Just medium.

I pushed the double door and thankfully it was easy since I was holding the tray with both of my hands.

The punches haven't stopped even when I opened the door. I guess he didn't hear me? But based on what I've read, vampires have intense hearing. Maybe he was just ignoring me and tends to focus on what he was doing?

When I finally entered the place, I eyed at the guy who was bathing in his own sweat.

"H-Hey, John..."I spoke, hoping for him to notice me. Good thing he did.

He stopped punching the punching bag that will almost burst if another punch hit it.

"Oh, hi Arien."he greeted back with a smile. He's so cute!

Ahem. Damn it. Can't help it.

He ran his fingers on his damp hair and I can clearly see a few strands being too wet from his sweat. He was wearing an outfit that martial artists wear on a fight. It was all black with a few white lines and a black belt. The robe was slightly parted at the upper part of his body and I can clearly see his broad chest.

I cleared my throat and avoided looking at him. My innocent eyes!

"I..uh..err...brought food? Jay told me to."I said, looking past his head and presenting the tray full of delicious foods.

"Ahh.. Thank you by the way."he said while walking towards me and took the tray from my hands and walked towards the huge mat on the floor. "Come, eat with me."

"Uh.."then my tummy grumbled.

Fine! I'll eat with him!

"O-Okay."and we both sat on the mat. He also settled the tray onto it. He grabbed one of the burgers with two hands and munched on it. Both his hands were coated with food a few seconds later. I just took some fries and nuggets.

"Ugh. These sweats are irritating."he complained. Yeah. They were all flowing from his head, down to his face, and to his jawline and to his neck and to his ch—

Stop it brain! I'm warning you!

Bruh. I'm just describing what the eyes can see. My inner voice replied.

I shook my head and averted my gaze from him. I think I'm going to get crazy over this.

My eyes suddenly settled on a white towel sitting on a wooden bench not far from us. I stood from my seat and instantly grabbed it.

I went back to him and just by seeing those tiny drops of sweat cascading from his head, I had the urge to wipe it off.

And I did. Unconsciously.

I was wiping his hair and the side of his head and his forehead. Down to his jawline and the towel that my hand was holding went for his neck. Another sweat rolled down to his chest and I can't stop staring at it.

I felt him froze and I also felt myself stopped. I saw him looking at me intently. Realization hit me.

Holy sh*t!

O-Oh my gawd...w-what have I done...

"I-I'm sorry!"and I immediately backed away from him. "I-It was reflexes..."reflexes my a*s.

He cleared his throat and looked away, I think I saw him blushed? But it was only for a second and it immediately disappeared.

"I-Its fine. I needed it anyway."

~~~

A/N

Am I the only one freaking out while writing this?