Chapter 32 - Lost And Found

Arien's POV

It was Monday.

Like any other days, we spend our lunch with some famous gossips circulating around the campus. From the bulletins up to the deepest darkest secrets of some students that were somewhat leaked.

And of course, like the gossip girl she always is, Reina was the most to waste her saliva just to bring us the most juicy news.

While they were talking about some random hot guys, I accidentally glanced at the Levid brothers. They were all present, except for one guy.

Ethan.

I haven't seen him since like, when? I can only remember the last time we interacted. It was at the swimming pool incident and it was a couple of weeks ago. I can't help but to wonder where he had been.

I didn't try to ask his brothers, even though I had the urge to. I didn't know why. Maybe I was used to seeing his face together with his brothers. And now that he's not here, my curiosity is killing me.

I sighed and continued to sip my ube taro milk tea.

"Arien and Poly were so amazing back then. I'm not surprised with Poly since we both go there for almost a year. I really thought Arien doesn't have any experience in shooting. I can't even hit a single bull's eye with a long time of experience. Tell me, how did you do that?"Reina asked and turned to me. Everyone was looking at me actually.

"I...uh..I don't know. Maybe I have enhanced eyesight?"I said, unsure and sipped my cup again.

Yesterday, it was our only free day to continue the friends bonding we planned. We went to a shooting range which was Reina's favorite place. It was an amazing place. Mostly, guys are present and rarely girls, that's why it's the perfect time to prove what we females are worth of.

Well, to be honest, I don't have any experience with shooting. My junior high school was boring. Home, school, home. Sometimes I pass by the mall to fetch some school supplies or buy my savings with romance or fantasy novels but that's all.

My friends are only a few and we only hang out inside the school premises. We never had some good times outside because we thought we were too young to do so. And my parents always worry about me. Too overprotective.

And finally, they let me go when I step into senior year. And now, I'm having a great time.

"Reeaally?? I don't think I will believe that."Reina said.

"Then don't. But I'm telling the truth, believe it or not. My life is also boring in the past."

But now, it's full of chaos and unexplained happenings.

I sighed and put the empty container of milk tea on the table.

"What about your place, Arien? When are we going to visit it?"Klarissa asked.

I looked up at them.

"Well, I do have a favorite place here in the city. We always visit it every time we come by here, when I was still young. But lately, we haven't visited it. I'm thinking about Sunday. Do you all agree?"I said.

"Agree."both Reina and Klarissa. Poly just gave me a thumb's up.

We stayed at the cafeteria and just continued to observe the surroundings until the school bell rang, signaling every students to attend afternoon classes.

-

Evening.

I tiredly opened the front door and closed it behind me afterwards.

Earlier, the coffee shop was packed with a lot of people, and my body was beaten up by a lot of batches of dirty dishes. And plus the fact that Nathan and Emilia are blessing my eyes with their PDA. Ugh. I don't want to talk about them. I just found out last Saturday that they are now officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

Okay fine. We're going to talk about them briefly.

Well, Nathan owns the cafe. He opened it a few months before I applied to be their extra staff. And Emilia, was the first staff he ever had.

And BOOM! Spring blossomed much faster than expected.

Sometimes I hate reading romance novels.

I sighed to myself and climbed the staircase and reached the second floor. I walk up to my room and was about to turn the doorknob when my nose hit a very awful irony smell.

Where in the world is it coming from?

I shook my head. I just turned the doorknob and entered my room even when my curiosity is already killing me.

I took off my uniform and grabbed my towel from my clothing rack. I entered my bathroom to take a half bath. After washing my body, I slipped into a pair of violet pajamas with rainbow ice cream and unicorn print on it. It looks so cute!

I heard my stomach grumbled before I even thought of deciding not to eat dinner. I was planning to just go to bed and eat a lot tomorrow at breakfast. But I can't ignore it.

I sighed for the nth time before leaving my room. Again, that irritating irony smell lingered my nose.

Crap. I'm going to complain about this to my oh-so-nice landlord.

But first, let me eat.

I went downstairs swiftly without a sound and walked straight to the kitchen, only to find the six of them sitting by the kitchen counter, sipping on wine glasses.

"What do we have here? A dark themed wine party?"I greeted sarcastically.

They were all wearing black from head to toe. Black shirt, black pants, black shoes, socks and caps. Where in the world they have been to?

They all turned to me, quite surprised.

"Didn't feel you coming, Ari."Shawn greeted back, not minding what I said earlier.

"I'm a ninja."I replied with a grin. I walked towards the fridge and took out some ingredients. A hot soup would do.

I prepared my dinner quietly, and had those six of them behind my back, probably watching me.

Afterwards, I put the finish product of my hardwork on the kitchen counter where they were all sitting and grabbed a chair to sit on.

"I, uh... I'm just wondering.. W-Where's Ethan?"

They all looked at each other with meaningful glances because of my question. What's going on?

"Uhm..uh, he's sleeping. Hehe..."Ricky was the one who answered me.

I just nodded even though I highly doubt what he told me.

I finished my dinner and washed my own dishes before climbing up the stairs and get some sleep in my room.

But before I do, the stench lingered in my nose again. Just before I could complain in my head, I noticed a room.

There was a gap between the door and the floor. And a red liquid was coming out from there.

Could it be...

No way.

Did they....

...kill someone?

~~~

A/N

A filler before the thrill...Hehe..