Chapter 46 - Suspicious People

Arien's POV

Wolves?

You have got to be kidding me..

I thought this rainforest was free from wild animals? Then why are these here? And wolves? They are one of the most dangerous wild animals!

I stayed hidden behind the huge tree, observing the two huge wolves. They look like as tall as adult human. The other wolf was grayish white and the other one was light brown. They were circling each other, readying to fight.

This scene is similar to those werewolf novels and movies. But this time, it was real animals. I can't believe I'm seeing this in person. It's my first time to see a wolf,  to be honest.

I shifted from my position because I was too uncomfortable. I advanced a bit to the right side to witness it in a more clear perspective. Only to regret it afterwards.

I stepped on a small camouflaged branch, which resulted to a low but clear crunch.

Oh damn.

I took a glance underneath me when I realized what I have done. My eyes went back to the wolves, only to see them looking at me. Holy sh—

I hid myself behind the tree, not trying to take  another step. I still don't wanna die. Running is not a solution because base on what I've heard, wolves are much even triggered to catch when their prey are running away.

Okay. Did I just admitted that I'm a prey?

Sucks.

I took in heavy breaths when I heard their rushed steps fading away from my hearing. I guess they left?

And to make sure, I peeked behind the tree and found out I was right. They were gone and without traces, they left. Thank goodness, I'm safe.

"Are you lost?"

"Holy—!"

I jumped from my position only to find two handsome human beings standing behind me.

Topless.

Top.

Less.

What in the world......

"W-Who are you?"I asked them, averting my eyes from their well built body and back to their handsome faces. I backed away from them, just to be sure that I can outrun them if ever they will do something bad to me.

"Don't be too nervous. We're not bad people."the other guy spoke who was leaning on the huge tree where I was hiding before.

"T-Then why are you here? In the forest? Are you, hunting?"I asked out of curiosity.

"Curiosity can kill little miss."the other with a deep voice answered. He was the guy who spoke to me first.

"I'm just making sure.."I reasoned back.

"Anyway, back to the question. Why are you here? Isn't a rainforest a dangerous place for a young teen like you?"he asked.

"I-I was just... exploring...."I answered as I fiddle with my fingers behind my back.

Base on my observation, these guys are much older than me, plus how they treat me like a freaking kid. I am not! I'm just a hard-headed nerd.

"Well, you should go back to where you left. It's not really a suitable place for you to explore."

"But why? Our teacher said it's free from wild animals."I answered back, even though I witnessed a wolf fight earlier.

"So you're one of those who are camping?"The other one butted in. I nodded my head.

"Well, we are the ones who's keeping people safe in this forest."

"You're the one guarding here?"

"Yes. And I hope you will take our advice to go back to your camping site. We have spotted a few wild wolves wandering around here earlier."they saw it too?

"O-Okay then. I hope you will find them."I bid goodbye and was about to leave when one of them called for me.

"What's your name?"the taller one asked.

"Why?"

"Just for reporting purposes."

"You're going to report me?"

"N-No. Just, give us your name."

"No way. I don't even know you name."

"Then we will tell you ours first. Deal?"

"Fine. I don't break deals and promises."

"Good. I'm Ken."the taller and whiter one answered.

"I'm Eric. Nice to meet you."the guy who has a light brown skin tone and who was leaning beside the tree.

"I-I'm Arien."

"Nice to meet you Arien. Have a safe return."I nodded at Ken before walking away from them and trying to remember where I passed by earlier.

A few couple minutes later, I arrived at our camping site and saw my friends sitting at one of the picnic tables, only a few students outside and mostly in their cabins, getting some rest.

"Where have you been girl?  We were so worried. We wanted to look for you but the teacher prohibited us to leave."Reina said when I arrived at their table.

"I just.... explored."I answered.

"Explored? What took you so long?"Klarissa butted in.

"I had a talk with some handsome guards earlier, and they scolded me for wandering around the place."I said. Her eyes sparkled. What have I said wrong?

Oh.

"Did you just say handsome??"she asked. Knew it.

I sighed. Not this topic again.

"They were guards Klarissa. For someone's sake.. don't be obsessed with handsome guys."I scolded her.

"Psh.."she muttered and leaned on her seat while crossing her arms in front of her.

Wolves...

I suddenly heard an almost muted voice if it weren't for my very good hearing. I turned to Poly who was eyeing at my clothes intently. If her eyes were lasers, she should have built a hole in me already.

"What were you saying Poly?"I asked, curious. She blinked and looked back at me.

"W-What? I wasn't saying anything. Maybe it's just your imaginations."she answered.

I just nodded at her, but partly doubting her answer. Sometimes, I find her weird in a familiar way. But I don't think she's that kind. I never thought of her as that. That's impossible.

But as I go back to what I've experienced in the forest, I can't help but wonder about those. The green flame, the human sized wolves and those two suspicious handsome guys.

Why am I experiencing all of this in just one day? Can these things get any worse?

~~~

A/N

Here's the last chapter for the weekend. I hope you liked it.

We are getting towards the end of this. I hope you enjoyed your stay in my book.

See you next weekend.