Chapter 25 - Dancing On Ice

Arien's POV

"Who wants to hang out after dismissal?"Klarissa asked. Oh no. Not again.

It's been two days since the day Jay bought me that dress. I've been thinking about it often lately. Because of his gesture, I actually feel special. But also, that dress was dang expensive! Plus the shoes that he picked for me since I was too shy to do it. I can't seem to ask for more from him.

And I haven't put it on yet. I didn't dare to try it on. I was afraid to ruin that beautiful expensive dress just because of myself.

I sighed. "I can't. I have work."I told them.

"What a shame."Klarissa spoke.

I just shrugged my shoulders and continued eating my food. I glanced at the empty table at the darkest corner of the cafeteria. They were absent, again. I don't really know what they were doing whenever they're absent.

-

"YEEEHHHEEEYYY!!!"I nearly covered my ears because of Klarissa shout.

We're now leaving the school. We only had a half day class today because the teachers need to attend a seminar. Didn't think of asking about the full details.

"So? Come on guys! I want to try the ice rink!"she said excitingly.

"Ice rink?"Reina and Poly asked in unison.

"Yeah. I haven't tried it and I want something challenging. I want to invite all of you guys on the next weekend but I remembered that it closes every Saturday and Sunday. And thankfully today, we have a half day class. So, are you all in?"

"Okay. As long as it doesn't involve with alcohol. Gosh, good thing my parents are already asleep when I got home that night."Reina said, massaging her temples, talking about the time that we went to the bar.

"Oh, y-yeah....that..."Klarissa trailed off. I looked at her and she was blushing.

Ooohhh. Now I remembered.

"Well, I guess you remembered what you did that night."I said teasingly. Her face flushed red even more.

"Ari!"I chuckled.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."I assured her.

"Come on y'all. We need to go there before it will be packed up with people."

-

We finally arrived at the ice rink. We went to pay the fee first and the staff gave us each a pair of skating shoes.

When we arrived at the main, we saw a lot of people, watching someone inside the ice rink.

We went near and we were shock to see him here.

Shawn Levid. I didn't know he skates. And he looks like a professional.

He glides smoothly across the cold icy floor and doing some unbelievable spin and dance. He looks so magical.

"Woah. I didn't know he could skate, and he looks like a pro."Reina spoke.

"Yeah, I know. And he looks hot."Klarissa snickered. That girl.

We saw Shawn stopped and went to the exit of the ice rink. And people began to move in. It seems like Shawn's performance was amazing that they didn't try to ruin it.

"Let's go girls. Let's put these skates on."

The three of them sat on the nearest chairs outside the rink while I went for the chair that was near to the entrance so it won't be a problem to enter.

I was putting my shoes on when I saw a person standing in front me. From the looks of this person's skates and lower clothing, it was a guy.

I raised my head to see who it is. It was Shawn.

"Hey there, Ari."he grinned.

"H-Hey.."I greeted and went back to putting on my skating shoes.

"Do you even know how to skate?"he asked and sat on the chair beside me.

"No, I don't. But I wanna try. That is what we came here for."I told him.

When I finally finished putting on the shoes, I slowly rise from my seat and tried to balance. I almost held a smile but instantly disappeared when I lost my balance and was about to fall if it weren't for the guy beside me.

I was more startled when he held my waist and arm to support my balance. This is not comfortable at all.

"Be careful. It's not the right way to stand on skates. You should make a V shape with your feet."he said, his eyes looking downwards.

I was just looking at him, my mind was blank. All I can do is just look at him. He looks so amazing. From his side view, I can clearly see his beautiful nose, attractive eyes and cute rosy lips.

What are you doing girl? Idiot! Focus!

"Ari? Hey Ari, are you even listening to me?"

I was awaken from my thoughts when I noticed him looking at me, brows meeting.

"Y-Yes?"I asked him, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Are you perhaps, attracted to me?"he asked slyly.

"What?! O-Of course not!"I was too startled that I backed away and lost my balance, again.

Why am I so dumb?

But thankfully, Shawn grabbed my waist to prevent me from falling. Now, he's somewhat on top of me, looking at me intently.

"Seriously, you need to be much more careful next time."he said and smiled in a meaningful way.

I hate that smile of his. But he looks so manly while plastering that on his face.

He let go of my waist but still held my arm to support me.

"Just copy me Arien. It ain't that hard."he said. I looked at his feet and so I did what he did.

"Now, let's glide and enter the ice rink. Like this..."he went first but guided me to follow him.

He held my hands this time and we both entered the ice rink. It was more slippery since the floor was frozen and ice.

I looked for my friends and I saw them not too far away from me, having a teasing smile while looking at us. I only shook my head at them.

This ain't bad at all.