Chapter 34 - Fever

Arien's POV

My mouth was parted open but no words were uttered. Just like the first and second time, I can't do anything about him, sipping my blood out of my own body.

He was so eager and hungry that he deepened his teeth into my flesh, I felt the red liquid rushing out of my existence.

But before he could do more harm and finish all my blood, I heard a door budge that made a loud bang. In just a split of second, Ethan disappeared on top of me, I saw him flew to the other side of the room and hit his back onto the hard wall. He fell on the cold floor, after a second, he gets back on his feet.

"Grab him!"I heard Jay's voice.

My eyes were blurry from the mist that formed. Maybe because of the pain I'm feeling right now or the fear and anxiety that took over my body.

"Sh*t... Arien, are you okay?"I heard him asked. I felt a cold hand grabbed my arm softly to sit on the bed.

I felt a sudden dizziness and held onto the nearest thing which is his arm.

"Are you okay? What happened?"he asked, worried. I looked at him, my eyesight getting much clearer.

"I-I just noticed a room...blood...t-then entered and...i-it happened..."I answered with a shaky voice.

"F*ck. Her blood. It smells heavenly man..."Shawn spoke, somewhat averting his eyes away from me.

"I know. That's why you should stop the temptation."Jay answered. I just realized his body was tensed while sitting in front of me, matching my own level.

"John, I think you should get her out of here. We can't hold him much longer if that scent is lingering in our noses."Liam spoke from the other side of the room, where I could hear Ethan's heavy breathing, it seems like he's trying to get out of his brother's clutches.

"Come on Arien. I'll bring you to your room."John spoke and helped me up from my seat.

I turned to Ethan, his eyes were still blazing red, his fangs were showing, his blue and violet veins were visible on his neck and forehead. Liam, Ricky and Jake were grabbing him, but at the same time, they were all looking at me for some reasons.

"H-How about him?"I asked. I heard John's loud breath.

"We'll take care of him. About you, let's bring you to a safe place first, which is your room."he said and hold both of my arms, guiding me towards the exit where I saw light.

A couple of steps later, we came in front of my room. John looked down at my indoor slippers, tainted with blood on the soles and made a couple of red footprints on the floor.

"Take those off and clean your wound. I'll bring you another pair of slippers. Can you take care of yourself?"he asked and I just nodded. He also nodded and kneeled to take my slippers. I left the slippers behind and he took it with him as he climbed down the stairs.

I slowly entered my room and closed it behind me.

I heaved heavily as I lie on my bed, feeling all my energy from my body was drained.

F*ck this sh*t. I cursed to myself.

That was the dumbest thing I've ever done.

I felt myself slowly drowning into darkness and fell asleep.

-

I woke up from the sound of my phone ringing.

I searched for it on my nightstand using my left hands with my closed eyes. I finally found it and answered the rather obvious call.

"Hello?"I asked with my raspy voice.

"Hey, girl. We noticed your not at school and Poly told us your absent in you class. Where were you?"I heard Klarissa's voice on the other line, I could sense a bit of worry in her voice.

I adjusted my eyesight at my already bright room, a not so right time to wake up in the morning and attend my classes. I glanced at my wall clock and I wasn't surprised to see that it's already ten fifty-five in the morning. I already decided not to attend any classes today.

"I'm sorry to make you worry. I'm not feeling well and decided not to attend school."I answered a bit drowsy.

"Okay, okay. I hope you rest well. Take care of yourself. Just stay at home so you can attend classes tomorrow and join us at lunch like we always do. Love you, girl. I'll hang up now."

"Bye."

"Bye."and she ended the call.

I sighed to myself. Lying to my friends about my current situation is a bit sad, and I feel alone at the same time, not having anyone by my side to know what I feel right now, even with my family.

When I was a kid, I'm used to this. Not receiving much love from my parents. Even though they keep me safe from danger, I can't feel them loving me. Caring and loving are different at some point and ways. And I could feel that.

Ever since Andrei was born, dad took care of him like he was his only child. Sometimes he will be startled with my presence, not knowing I was there before, just observing everyone.

I didn't care at first, but when I grew old and had my own piece of mind, I got confused and all.

Why are they acting this way towards me? Am I a wrong?

But before I could answer my own thoughts, I heard a knock coming from my door. I sat on my bed and felt the part where I was bitten last night. Good thing it wasn't hurting anymore.

I hid it under my hair before telling that person to come in.

I was surprised to see Mr. Levid in his white robe who entered my room.

He stood a few feet from me. Observing my face.

"How have you been?"he asked.

"I ain't feeling good."

"Like I expected."

"So what's the case with your eldest son?"I asked without hesitation. I don't want this conversation to lengthen.

He let out a huge breath and answered me.

"He suffered from a rare illness that happens to our kind, a fever."