Chapter 11 - Coffee Shop Troubles

Arien's POV

Dismissal.

Poly was the first one to go home. Reina and Klarissa went second. Klarissa went with Reina since they decided to go to the mall. I refused since I'm not in the mood for a shopping. Plus, I have my first day of part time job today. I can't miss it.

I was busy browsing through my phone beside the road outside the school campus when a black van stopped in front of me. Oh crap. Am I going to be kidnapped?

Nope.

I'm not the unlucky person.

The window of the passenger seat opened and I saw Mr. Franklin sitting on the driver seat. Thankfully. I'm not ready for some ransom money.

"You can sit here, Ms. Walter."he said offering the passenger's seat. I just nodded quietly and opened the door.

I sat comfortably on the car seat as I opened my phone again.

My forehead creased when I realized the van is not yet moving.

"Are we....waiting for someone?"I asked him.

"Yes Miss."he answered shortly without looking at me.

Does he mean....

My eyes widened when I saw those guys exited the school and looked around until they spotted the van, not far from them.

Yeah. I guess this is where I'm unlucky.

A few moments of silence later, the door of the back seat opened and the first one to enter was Ricky and so on.

"Oh!"I heard him spoke. "It's Arien!"

I slowly turned around and waved a hand at him.

"H-Hi..."

All of them are now seated inside the van and Franklin started the engine.

Ethan, Jay and Jake were seated at the far back seat and Shawn, Liam, John and Ricky in front of them.

A few seconds later and we are off to go.

During the ride, I finally get to ask Mr. Franklin to drop me off at my work place. I already told him earlier this morning that I had a job to work at.

"You have a job?"I turned to Liam who asked.

"Ah, yes. How did you know?"

"Just a guess. I don't think your the person who likes to hang out."he answered. Well, he's right.

The van stopped in front of the coffee shop named "Pastel". I got off the van and they then left. Mr. Franklin also taught me what address to give the taxi driver if it's time for me to go home.

I entered only to be engulf by the aroma of freshly baked breads. Everything here are pastel colored and a very cozy place. Mostly are cute couches near the windows and white chairs and tables in the middle of the shop.

"Hey, Arien. You're just in time."Emilia, the cashier greeted.

"Hi."I greeted back before entering the staff's locker room. I changed into my uniform that was left for me in my locker before exiting the room and leaving stuffs there.

"You can do the dishes, for now. Nathan's a bit busy baking macaroons."she said. I just nodded. I also noticed that we ran out of macaroons by the display counter.

I went inside the kitchen and saw him putting some macaroon batter on a baking tray on the counter in the middle of the kitchen.

"Hey there, Arien."he greeted without looking at me since he was so busy and fast at the same time.

"Hey..."

I went in front of the sink and started to wash a bunch of dishes. I was halfway done when Emilia barged in the kitchen and told me I have to serve some costumers.

Everything went smoothly not until some b*tches ruined it.

You know, those girls who's like obsessed with darn handsome guys and started to badmouth you just because you had a conversation with them?

Yeah. It's them.

"Here's your order ma'am."I said politely and was about to leave when one of the girls called for me.

"Hey,"

I turned around. "May I help you with something?"

"Aren't you that girl who went to seek some attention from Shawn?"

And...my mood was ruined.

What in the uttered f*ck are they talking about?

Oh wait. Shawn...as in Shawn Levid?

"I'm sorry but, I'm not an attention seeker."I corrected her. The four of them scoffed. I just realized that they all looked familiar. I guess they go to the same school as mine?

Oh please. I don't want to ruin my first day of work.

"NOT an attention seeker? Are you playing the innocent part here? We saw how you look at those guys earlier. Sorry to disappoint you girlie but,"and she looked at me from head to toe. "you don't stand a chance."

"I know I don't. And I'm not interested in them either. Why are you acting like you've known them for long? They just came this morning and now you're acting like an obsessed fan? How thick can your face be to talk to me like that?"I fought back. They look much furious than the last time. Ugh. Fighting between boys sucks. I'm tired of this.

I turned my back and went back to the counter before one of them yank my hair. I don't want a scene or I might get fired.

"What was that all about?"Emilia asked, peeking at those girls that I know, still throwing eye daggers at me.

"I don't know. They told me I'm an attention seeker. I don't even know them."I said and dropped the tray on the counter near the window of the kitchen where we can see nathan doing his job inside.

"Seriously? That's why I don't like talking to strangers. They don't even know you, yet they judge you. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Humanity these days...."she said and grabbed her cup of coffee.

I know. It's pretty cruel.