Chapter 29 - Horrible Amusement Park

Arien's POV

"Seriously? An amusement park?"I looked at Poly, sucking a rainbow lollipop. She popped her lips and looked at me.

"Whaat? It's cute."she answered in a child-like voice. The other two was also just staring at the place wide eyes. Yeah.

Well, we all actually had a meeting this week. It was themed with "To-Know-Friends-Better". Each of us will pick our favorite places and all of us four will visit it. And Poly was the first one to go because she's the youngest in the group.

And we didn't know her favorite place was the amusement park.

I just finished my shift tonight. To be specific, it's ten nineteen in the evening. Like, I should be lying on my bed right now, dreaming about some garden of tulips, a huge tree, some beautiful clear streams, a beautiful green fore—

"Hey! Arien! Are you actually dreaming right now?!"I heard Klarissa shouted at me.

Loud and clear.

"You don't have to shout at me like that. Sheesh.."I said. She just chuckled shyly.

"So, what's the first ride?"Reina asked Poly.

"Disco Pang Pang."she said and grinned. The three of us looked at each other, cunfused and curious.

"What's that? Never heard of it."Reina commented and shrugged her shoulders. I can sense nervousness in her voice.

"Yeah. What kind of ride is that?"Klarissa asked.

"You'll see."she said, the grin still remains on her face.

I think it won't be a very fun ride for me.

-

Yeah. It wasn't.

"I ain't riding that. I'm out of here."Reina held a small nervous laugh and was about to walk away when Poly grabbed the hood of her maroon hoodie.

"Nah-uh. You are staying and we are going to ride that."Poly's words held firmness, and all Reina could pull off is a grumpy pouting face.

"Your treat then."she fought back. Poly only beamed a bright smile.

"Of course! No prob!"and she went to the ticket booth to buy us some tickets for the ride.

"I can't believe we're agreeing to this."Reina said, massaging her temples. I chuckled.

"Well, who actually thought the idea of hanging out in each other's favorite places?"I said while looking at Klarissa with a grin.

"Whaat? I didn't know it would be an amusement park she would like. And I didn't think this kind of ride existed in the first place."she answered, looking at the huge circle, with seat by the sides, railings to hold onto, and said to rock and spins.

I hope I won't throw up while riding that. I haven't even ridden a ferris wheel or any other rides to turn your insides upsidedown. This...would be the first time. And the ride I'm not even familiar of.

Who in the world invented this thing?

Poly came back with four tickets and dragged us to the ride. She handed the guy the tickets who was guarding it and let us pass through.

We were then seated on one part of the circle along with the other people who wanted to ride this thing. I was seated beside Klarissa, then Reina, and Poly at the end of our group.

The safety personel told us to hold onto the railings just behind our seat if we don't want to be thrown out of here. Yeah, what a great ride.

"This would be fun..."Poly said with an evil grin while rubbing both of her hands to each other before holding onto the stainless steel metal. Gosh. She looks much more creepy and weird when she's excited. Sheesh.

We were startled when the circle suddenly moved, tossing everyone inside. Sh*t! This is one worse ride!

It was either rocking and spinning slowly at the same time. Everyone was uncontrollably popping on their seats, their hold on the railings keeping them from being thrown to another part of the circle.

"What the f*ck?! This ain't fun at all!"Reina shouted. Poly was just laughing like a mad idiot.

"I think I'm gonna throw up...."Klarissa spoke, holding onto her mouth. Oh sh*t. Not her beside me.

"Don't you dare Klarissa!"I shouted a bit angry and frustrated. When will this end?!

With the fear she might vomit in front of me, I tried to move away from her, only to regret my decision.

I suddenly lost my grip onto the railings.

F*ck!

I think I'm going to die.

I was about to fall off and go to the other side of the circle when a guy held my arm and pulled me up with force. He was seated near me when I was still completely seated earlier.

I ended up sitting on his lap, sideways. He let go of my arms and held onto my waist to prevent me from falling off.

Dang. This is a darn uncomfortable place.

"Are you alright?"he asked behind his black mask. His voice sounds familiar.

"Liam?"I asked with wide eyes. I can clearly see him nodding even with all the rocking and spinning of this damned ride.

"Is my grip too tight?"he asked, looking at his arm, circling my waist. Sh*t. Almost forgot about that.

"N-No...N-Not really..."I stuttered. He chuckled. His other hand was gripping onto the railings.

"Don't worry. This fun and exciting ride will be over soon."he assured me. I scoffed.

"Fun and exciting? I bet traumatizing and deadly."I said with a matter of fact tone. He laughed.

"Don't be mad. Look at your friends, their actually having fun looking at us."he said, looking behind my back.

My brows met and looked back while being cautious. I don't want to fall at the wrong place again.

The three of them were chuckling and whispering to each while looking at the two of us.

Klarissa mouthed something at me and my eyes widened when I finally decipher it.

'Date..date..date..date..'

'What the f*ck?'I mouthed at her. Gone is her face that was about to throw up earlier. She laughed at me and then focused on herself, gripping onto the handle.

"I-uh...I think I c-can handle myself now..."I told Liam and was about to loosen his grip on my waist when he held onto me much more firmly.

"No! I mean...stay. I'm feeling a bit dizzy..."he answered.

Now, I can't say no to him because he already leaned his head onto my shoulder, maybe controlling himself not throw up.

Can't this day get any better?

~~~

A/N

If you haven't heard of 'disco pang pang' yet, you can search it on google. But I bet it's already famous.

And like the main character, I haven't ridden any monstrous rides. Care to join me in the future?