Epilogue - Forgotten

Arien's POV

Ethan....

Ethan......

Ethan........

Ethan...........

What is his name?

Ethan....

Etha........

Eth............

Et................

E.....................

What was it?

I can't.....

I woke up from the sudden light that came through my eyelids that forced me to open them.

"Arien...you really need to go to school today. You missed two weeks of class."a familiar voice rang into my ears.

I looked at the woman who's fixing the curtains of my window inside my room.

"M-mom...??"I spoke, getting up and sitting on my bed. I rubbed both of my eyes with my two hands and looked around.

I'm in my room...inside our house in Verone. Why am I here? Wait, where am I supposed to? I don't know. Ugh. Damn. I feel like my head is being torn into two.

"Can't you remember what happened to you dear?"Mom asked, she sat on the side of the bed, looking at me, worried.

"I...I can't. What happened?"I asked her. She sighed in pure disappointment.

"We just came back from your grandma because she was hospitalized, do you remember that?"I slowly nodded since it's now clear in my mind.

When I found a place to live in the city, they decided to go to grandma, which was dad's mother that was hospitalized.

"H-How is she?"I asked her.

"She's now fine. Well, do you remember your friends? Your family?"she asked again. I nodded.

I remember every one of my cousins and aunts and uncles, my parents and Andrei, and my friends in elementary and junior high school, also Klarissa, Reina and Poly.

"I'm glad you remember us."she let out a breath of relief.

"What exactly happened mom?"I asked again. She looked at me.

"When you were going home from your part-time job, you met a car accident."she explained. I slowly nodded, trying to remember that happening.

"When we arrived at Camerone, someone called your dad using your phone, it was a doctor and told us that you were at the hospital. We went there immediately, and found out that the driver paid for your bills and he apologized to us. Your father was really angry and worried about you. Good thing it wasn't something serious and you can still remember us. Only that, in the past two weeks, you were not responsive to us. You don't speak and your gaze is far, you're like drowning in your own thoughts. You eat your meals, but you ignore us. Do you remember those times?"she asked.

I shook my head. I don't have any memories of the past two weeks and the accident.

"It's fine dear. Don't force yourself to remember everything. It's enough that you remember us."she said. I just nodded and looked down at my hands.

"Well, I prepared brunch. You can just attend school this afternoon since it's already eight in the morning and we still need to travel up to the city. Come on. Andrei misses your voice."she said and got up. She was about to leave my room when I called for her.

"Uh...mom? Where's my necklace?"I asked. I feel like I lost it.

She turned to me with her eyebrows a bit crunched.

"Didn't you gave it to Andrei? He's wearing it."she answered.

"Ah..of course, I did."I said and she smiled. She closed the door softly when she went out of my room.

My whole room was quiet. My bed sheet was still blue just like how I left it when I went to the city. Everything was the same, except for my suit case and two bags that I left at the apartment I was renting, base on what I've remembered.

But still....

I feel like there's something missing in memory, even though, everything makes sense inside my head.

What's missing?

I shook my head and ignored the question. Just like what mom advised me, I won't try to remember things. But I hope it will just come naturally.

I then got up from my bed and exited my room. I walked towards the direction of the kitchen and saw the three of them sitting around the dining table. They seem to be waiting for me.

"Are you feeling better, Arien?"Dad asked. I nodded at him.

"Yeah. Better dad."I said and put up a small smile on my lips.

"Come, join us. Your mom cooked your favorite tempura."he said and softly smiled at me.

"Thanks mom, dad."and I sat beside Andrei who was smiling at me for the whole time.

"I missed you older sis. I thought you won't speak again."he said and hugged me on the side.

"Of course I will. Did you love my voice that bad?"I asked him. He nodded and loosen his grip onto me and put some fried coated shrimps on my plate.

"Eat older sissy. So you can talk more."he said. I chuckled.

I noticed my necklace dangling around his neck, hiding behind his clothes. I sighed with relief.

We had a nice brunch and after that, I took a shower and wore a casual clothing from my wardrobe. Good thing I still have comfortable clothes left in there.

We then left the house and mom asked where they should drop me off. I asked them if we could pass by my apartment to fetch my backpack. They agreed.

We arrived at the apartment building and took the elevator up to the floor where I rent an apartment with Poly. I remembered that she offered me a stay in here. She said that her parents are out of the country and they will be back after two years and will only be visiting twice a year.

I went to my room and found that I had my things on top of my bed. I guess I haven't finish my general cleaning before I met the accident. Oh well.

I grabbed my backpack at one corner of the room and was about to leave my room when I noticed a blue dress together with my other clothes on the bed.

Where did I get that?

Ah. Of course. My cousin bought it for me. But the whole scenario was quite blurry. I can't seem to know which cousin was it. But I know it was a guy.

I smiled to myself after deciding to just let those missing memories to stay that way.

And I left my room, leaving all those unanswered questions behind.

THE END