Chapter 10 - Nicer Than I Thought

Arien's POV

I hope a disastrous thing happens before I could jump in the pit holes of hell to prevent me from doing it. Why did I even agree to this?

Oh yeah. Blame my guilt and conscience. I didn't even do anything wrong! But still, can't refuse and say 'no'.

"You can do it Ari!"

"We'll be cheering for you!"

"Go girl!"

Tsk. This is making me nervous like heck. I don't know why I'm always like this. It sucks, really.

"What should I say again?"I asked them. I already asked it a couple of times before though. They all sighed in defeat.

"Tell them, that your friends, aka, us, wanted to be friends with them and then give them the letters. Oh and, I want you to give my letter to the hottest and attractive guy. You know, the one with the blackest hair color."Klarissa said, talking about Shawn.

The seven of them were sitting on the bleachers across us. Do these guys even know that I'm also studying in this school?

"Give mine to that light brown colored hair guy."Reina giggled, talking about Jake.

"About mine, you can give it to the adorable guy. I actually wrote in the letter that I want him to be my teddy bear."Poly said, a bit shy, talking about John.

These girls.

I breathe deeply. Okay. This is just going to be easy. Just tell them the friendship your friends wanted and give them the letters. Easy.

Oh wait. I forgot to ask something important.

"What if they won't accept your letters?"

They all frozed, but Klarissa recovered immediately.

"About that, we had it coming though. If that happens, they would be put on the 50-50 chart."wut?

"50-50 chart? What's that?"I asked, confused.

"Half hate, half love. You know, since they refuse letters. But if they're really nice, they'll be back to the 100 percent love chart. If their attitude totally sucks, then they will go to hell."Klarissa answered. Oh. Okay. Good thing they don't like badass guys.

I started leaving the bleachers and went to cross the field, avoiding some students who are playing, clutching the letters with both of my hands close to my chest.

I finally came in a clearance and saw those seven guys, still wondering where they fell from. From heaven or hell? I just shrugged it off.

I cleared my throat first, readying myself for the humiliation I might receive from giving these letters. I saw a couple of girls sitting near and observing them, yet they didn't really mind it.

It's time.

I walked towards where they were sitting, faster than I thought I would.

And because of that, I stumbled on my own feet.

"Sh*t!"

I landed on the ground, face down. I could actually hear my friends saying 'ouch' inside my head. Oh great. Just great. I shouldn't have done this in the first place.

"Are you alright?"I heard a familiar voice. Oh dang. Didn't see that coming.

I lifted my head and found Jake's innocent face, looking a bit worried.

"Uhm, uh..."I stuttered while I stood up and pick up the letters that were thankfully not damaged because of the green lawn.

"I-uh I'm fine."I finally said it. He smiled kindly.

"That's a relief. Would you like to sit first? It might have been a hard fall."

"Hi Arien! Nice seeing you here."Ricky greeted and I paid back with a small smile and a nod.

"Oh, I actually came here, to give you guys something."I said, looking at the others. They also looked at me, a bit interested.

"Well, uhm...my friends wanted to be friends with you and...they wrote some 'friendly' letters...will you accept it?"I asked.

"Of course. For whom, specifically?"this time it was Shawn, giving off his confident aura.

I guess Klarissa will have to put them in the 100 percent love chart.

"One for Shawn, it's from Klarissa... One for Jake, it's from Reina...and one from Poly, it's for John."and I gave their letters out.

"Nothing from you?"Shawn asked while opening the letter. I was caught off guard, of course.

"Ha-he, nah. I don't fancy those kind of act. I'm just a messenger."I answered honestly.

"So, who got the most letters and gifts?"Shawn declared. Wait, what?

"Mines about...65 or 66?"it was Ricky, I just realized there were a bunch of stuffs on the empty bleachers behind them.

A lot.

Of gifts.

And letters.

How in the world.....?

"Hey, we're the same."it was Liam, also checking his.

"74."John.

"81."Jay.

"78."Jake.

"Mines 113. You all owe me a hundred bucks."Shawn grinned.

"Oh c'mon! Ethan haven't even mentioned his."Ricky argued.

"Fine. I still know that I will be winning this bet. So, Ethan, how much gift and letters you received?"Shawn asked the guy who's been playing video games in his phone the whole time.

"A hundred and ten."he answered shortly. Shawn mouthed a 'yes'. Everyone else groaned.

"See? I told you I'm the most handsome of all."he boasted. Some of them just scoffed.

"Then...I will be going now..."I said in a low voice.

I exited quietly in their zone and went back to my friends who's itching to know what happened.

"So? They did accept the letters, right?"Klarissa asked when I first arrived.

"Yeah..."I trailed off. But they we're already shrieking.

"But....they actually had a bet."

"A bet?"they asked in unison.

"Mhhm. A bet that whoever receives the most amount of letters and gifts will have a hundred bucks."

"What?!"

"Aww. It was all a bet!"

"That's kind of...disappointing..."

They all reacted with disappointment.

"Hey guys, just because they made a bet with the letters doesn't mean they aren't nice."

"What do you mean?"Poly asked.

"They are nice. I'm really an expert when it comes to observing and reading a person. Just by their actions, I can tell their kind people. So, I think you can admire and think of them positively."I explained.

They all had a relieved facial expression.

But I'm still suspicious about things.

I know they're nice and kind and even handsome guys, but I feel like they are hiding something.

I'm too observant am I? It's my talent.

~~~

A/N

Here it is! A double-double update for the weekend!

It is to thank my first ever voter for this story. Thank you Blossoming_Spring! This update is for you!