Chapter 31 - Painted By The Painter

Arien's POV

We silently finished the whole tray of food that Jay prepared for John. The awkward air lasted for only a few minutes and thankfully John talked to me afterwards to broke that atmosphere by talking about how the food his brother made was so delicious.

We both exited the room since he also need to rest for hanging out inside the gym for almost half a day. And I need to have some strawberry with caramelized sugar. I always loved it. Hmm... I think I'll try frying an unripe banana and coat it with sugar too.

Just by thinking about it makes me drool.

I shook my head. Enough with foods!

John went straight to his room which was at the other side of the second floor. We parted ways since the opening to the staircase is in the opposite.

When I finally stepped on the ground floor, I heard the main double door open and so I looked up only to see both Liam and Ricky, eating ice cream on cones.

Ice creams....

"Hey there, Ari."Ricky greeted when they were nearby me. It woke me up from my dream about those sweet delicate ice creams.

"O-Oh, hi. What you got in there?"I asked, eyeing at the huge plastic bags they were both carrying.

"Ah, these?"he said and lift the plastic a bit into the air. "Art materials."

I eyed at Liam who was busy licking his mint chocolate ice cream. That looks delicious.

"You've got some ice cream in there?"I asked, hoping.

"Yeah. Of course. One tub of mint choco and a tub of vanilla. You want some?"Ricky answered.

I felt my inner self celebrating.

Finally! Ice cream!

"Of course!"I happily replied. He chuckled.

"Come."and they both walked towards the kitchen and I trailed behind them like a little girl waiting for a treat.

"What kind of flavor do you want?"he asked, taking out a paper bag from one of the plastic and unwrapping it. Two containers of ice cream welcomed me.

"Hey Ricky, I'll just bring these things upstairs to the library."Liam butted in. Ricky just nodded at his brother and Liam left the kitchen.

I took a huge mug from the cupboard so Ricky can fill it with ice cream. I guess the fried bananas can wait.

"I'd love to have both flavors."I told him. He nodded while smiling and scooped some ice cream from the mint choco container and put it inside my mug. Next up was vanilla.

And now, I'm eating happily while leaning onto the kitchen counter.

Heaven.....

"Would you like me to paint you?"Ricky suddenly asked that made me look at him who's just beside me, still not finishing the cone of his ice cream.

"Paint? Me?"I asked, even though I heard it clearly. He nodded and made a bite on his cone and just munched the whole thing inside his mouth.

"You know how to?"I asked him.

"Don't have any belief in me?"he asked with a naughty smile.

"Well, fine. But, am I the first?"he shook his head.

Somewhat, I felt disappointed.

"Come to the library after you finish your ice cream. Dad doesn't like anyone to eat in that sacred place."he said while chuckling.

"Okay. I'll be off in a few."he nodded and was about to leave when I asked him one last question.

"Should I change my outfit? I look like a ragged doll."I looked at myself.

"Yeah. You can wear a dress or any outfit that you will look decent and comfortable with."he answered and smiled before leaving me alone completely.

I immediately finished my ice cream and put the left over ice cream in the tubs inside the freezer before running upstairs and went inside my room.

I rummage through my closet but found nothing beautiful and comfortable.

I ran my fingers through my hair until my eyes settled onto the blue dress that was hanging onto my clothing rack. The one that Jay bought for me.

That's the only thing that I thought of at the moment.

And I just found myself wearing it and in front of my full length mirror, scanning me from head to toe.

It's comfortable and...looks beautiful on me.

I'm glad that I won't be regretting that Jay bought this expensive dress for me. I was also wearing the shoes that pairs up with the dress. It's not that high and the pad was so soft and comfortable too.

-

I opened the library door and was greeted with a lot of bookshelves and the old aesthetic feeling lingered in my senses, mainly my nose.

I searched for Ricky inside but he was nowhere to be found.

"Ricky? Are you here?"I asked, a bit louder.

I heard a door open and I turned to my left. I saw Ricky exiting a door with a sign, "Do Not Enter". I didn't dare to look for him in there.

"You're finally he—"Ricky's sentence was cut off when his eyes trailed at me.

"I-Is there something wrong?"I asked him. He slightly shook his head.

"Uh...N-No.. Nothing's wrong with you. It's just that.. You look stunning..."he complimented while eyeing at me intently.

I looked away when I felt my cheeks burned. I don't want him to see me blushing. It's embarrassing.

"Uh-uhm..thank you.."I almost whispered.

"C-Come in, so I could paint you..."

He guided me towards the door where he exited and entered the room. It was an art room, with multiple of paintings hanging on the walls. There was a huge red chair, maybe I should say throne because it looked fancy, at the center on the other side of the room. Facing it was a stand where a medium sized canvas was placed. A stool is in front of it and a small high table beside it with paints and a color palette. A set of brush was neatly arranged inside a pencil holder.

"You can sit there,"Ricky said and pointed at the huge chair. "I'll just take a picture of you so won't get numb sitting on it."he added and pulled out his phone from the pocket of his pants.

I nodded and went to the chair.

"You can sit with your comfortable position."Ricky advised as he position himself in front of me, a few feet away.

I just sat there comfortably and smiled at the camera.

He finished taking the picture and told me to just sit on the sofa that was inside the room if I would like to see him paint me.

And I just stayed. Watching him focusing his eyes on the canvas as he brush mixed colors on it.

I was looking at his side since the sofa was placed at the right part of the room.

And I admit, he looks much more handsome in this view.