Chapter 21 - The Blind Date

Arien's POV

I heard an irritating sound coming from something. What the heck? I didn't even set up an alarm!

I groaned as I sat on my bed, my hair sticking out everywhere.

I glared at my phone on the bedside table, ringing non stop. What is this caller's problem?!

I didn't dare to look at the caller ID and just answered it. I hate being woke up from my beautiful slumber.

"What?!"I shouted. I don't care who it is.

"Girl! Emergency! Dress up and come here at the coffee shop! I'll send you the address!"and the call ended. What the f—

Was that Klarissa? Why is she calling me on my free day? Seriously, I'm too tired because of work yesterday. The Nathan wanted to extend my shift up to night every Saturday and he will raise my pay. I agreed and it started last night. I'm too tired for this!

But what's the emergency? Why does she have to cut off the call? Ugh! This girl is really getting into my nerves today.

It won't make a difference if I go there right? And what if it's a real emergency? What if they really need me?

Conscience is present. Oh dang it.

I got up and went straight for the bathroom to get ready.

-

I rode the bike up to the coffee shop address Klarissa texted me. Good thing I have a city map on my phone.

I parked it outside and entered the shop. It's more like an elegant expensive restaurant.

"Ari! Here!"I Klarissa's voice shouting my name. I looked around and saw the three of them, sitting on a table near the glass window. Poly and Reina having a sulking face.

"What happened? What's the emergency?"I asked, a bit panicked when I reached their table.

"Yes! Finally, you're here!"Klarissa greeted with enthusiasm. Wait, what?

"Seriously, Arien? Ugh. There's no emergency. This girl called us to freaking attend the blind date. Tsk."Reina said. WHAAT??

"Oh please. I'm outta here."I said and was about to turn around when Klarissa grabbed my arm.

"Come on, Ari. Please stay. I don't want to humiliate myself in front of them. They all needed a pair. And if I'm the only one here, I'm just gonna feel ashamed. Please? Just this once. I won't even force you to date one of them. Just, get to know someone, a boy. If you don't like relationships, then just friendship. Does that sounds good to you?"she said.

I sighed. I hope I'm not going to make a huge mistake.

"Fine."I groaned. Her eyes lit up.

"Yey! Thanks Ari! Come on. Sit here beside me."she said and patted the free space on her left side. The couch across them is empty. Maybe that's where the guys are going to sit.

I sat beside her and waited. She and Reina are busy with their phones while Poly is reading a small pocket book. Well, that girl knows more than just science textbooks.

I shook my head and put on my earphones. If those boys won't arrive any minute by now I'm going to—

"Girls! They're here!"Klarissa whispered with excitement. She looked at the direction of the entrance and we did too.

Holy sh—

What in the deepest pit of hell is he doing here???!!!

"Huh? Isn't that Ethan?"Reina asked. No one answered her. Klarissa was also speechless. I thought she knew about it?

"I don't think he mentioned Ethan Levid to me before."she spoke. I don't know who she is pertaining to.

Ethan was there, with the other three guys. One of them was looking around until his eyes landed on our table. Klarissa waved a hand and the guy smiled. He turned to his friends and Ethan. Probably telling them where we are.

And dang. Their eyes were on us. I saw a flash of shock and realization in Ethan's eyes when our gaze met. This won't be good.

"Uhm.. Hi."one of them greeted when they finally reached our table.

"Uhh... Hi. H-Have a seat."Klarissa motioned the couch across us.

They all nodded. Unluckily, I was facing Ethan, the last person who sat. Great.

"I'm Hanz. Who's Klarissa?"the guy who greeted us with a bit of a dark blonde curly hair.

"It's me. You're the guy I chatted with?"Klarissa asked excitingly. Please. I hope she stops her hormones right now.

"Yes. And, these are my friends."Hanz said, presenting the guys beside him. He was facing Poly, by the way.

"Hi, I'm Blake."the guy introduced himself who was facing Reina, who was now blushing. Yeah, I admit. These guys are gorgeous, not Ethan being left out.

"Hello, I'm Theo."the guy in front of Klarissa introduced himself.

Ethan? He's just there, wearing his headphones and ignoring everyone in the table. I guess he was also being dragged here without his permission.

"Come on, bro. Introduce yourself."Theo elbowed him. He turned to them and took off the headphones on his ears.

"What?"he asked. Theo sighed.

"Introduce yourself. We can't let these beautiful girls wait."

Everyone felt butterflies in their stomach when they heard the word beautiful from one of the guys. I can't even deny that I didn't feel a thing.

"They already know me. Tsk."he said and put his headphones back on his ears. Well, he's not wrong.

"What?"Theo asked and looked at us. "Is he telling the truth?"

"Yes. He's one of the twelfth graders at out school."Reina answered shyly.

"Oohh."

"By the way, I didn't know he would be here. I thought you were bringing somebody else."Klarissa said, talking to Hanz.

"Ah. About my other friend, who was Sevi, he went with our another friend to a children's party. That's why he can't come. Is it alright if Ethan replace him? We don't want one of you to be left out if there's only the three of us."he explained.

"Oh it's fine. Anyway, who wants to order food so we can start getting to know each other?"

Ugh. I never agreed to this.