Chapter 39 - A Replacement

Arien's POV

I sat weakly on the edge of my bed as I recall Mr. Levid's words earlier.

"Ready yourself, Arien. I think I might have found a replacement for you."

Replacement....

Replacement....

Replacement....

Replacement....

I think I already know what he meant by that. He's going to kick me out, thinking that I'm going to bring bad happenings to his beloved vampire sons. And that replacement would be Eria.

Thinking about it now, I'm jealous of her. Not just envy, jealous. There's a differences between those two words. And I can't help but to accept that fact that I'm quite upset that they don't treat me like they treat her. I hate unfair treatments.

I have always experienced that when I was a child. Dad never spends much time with me, and spends more time with mother. I know she's my mother but I can't also help but to be upset with them. Dad takes care of mother really well while me, he doesn't actually need to because I just stay inside the house and watch cartoons all day.

Until that Halloween came. It was the time he first got angry at me, for not taking care of myself while we went off trick or treating and for not telling him that we were actually going to the other town.

After that, he became much more overprotective. He takes care of me, yes, but loving me as his first child? I don't know. I knew he favored Andrei over me, but I never treated my brother bad like do bad things to him just to ease the pain I'm feeling because he's the favorite child. I'm not that kind of person. I'm not that evil and ill-mannered to do that to my younger sibling.

I still treat all of them well, despite them not giving me the love I deserve.

And now, its happening again to me, but this time, its with different people. For the past few months of living here, I didn't realized that I became attached to them, not knowing the effect it would bring to me and how they can easily get rid of me.

It hurts, even though I don't have the rights to be. Who am I to them anyway? I'm just a mere tenant. A tenant who's paying for her monthly rent in a f*cked up mansion.

I didn't know getting kicked out can lead to these negative thoughts.

I sighed at myself and decided to just sleep for the night. It might help. And so I lied down on my bed, slipped under my comforter, and entered my dream world.

-

I suddenly woke up from my slumber because I felt myself being hungry. I looked for my phone with my half opened eyes. I stretched my hands to get it from the nightstand. I opened it and looked at the clock. It's almost one in the morning.

"Ugh. I hate you tummy."I mumbled at myself before pulling my self up and sat on the bed. I'm still sleepy, but I'm much more hungry. I better feed my monsters inside my stomach first.

Still with my half opened eyes and my hair sticking out everywhere on my face, I didn't dare to fix myself and just put on my indoor slippers before getting out of my room.

I lazily climbed down the stairs, I saw the lights in the living area were on and there are some people sitting there, silently watching me.

I stopped when I finished the steps of stairs and looked closely at them. Then it dawned to me who they are.

"Ahh..the Levid brothers..."I couldn't stop myself from saying. I yawned uncontrollably before I continued to walk towards the kitchen.

"Is she sleep walking?"

"I don't know."

"Do you think she's drunk?"

"I don't think she drinks liquor."

"I thought she's mad at us."

"I don't think so."

I turned around with my crunched eyebrows. They were somewhat startled and I saw some of them pursed their lips.

"I'm awake idiots. Just don't—"and I yawned. "Just don't make any noise. I'm irritated right now. I'm hungry."

And I turned around again to get some food.

I arrived at the kitchen and didn't mind the person in front of the stove, cooking.

I went for the fridge and rummage through the frozen goods. I don't feel like cooking. I want some ready to eat foods right now. Some cookies, cereals or whatnot....

"Would you like some food?"I heard Jay's voice. I immediately closed the fridge, a bit louder than expected and went to a counter stool to sit.

"Make it fast. I'm hungry."I told him. I earned a grin from him.

"Bossy when hungry, I like it."I heard him mumbled before going back to the pan and played his cooking tricks.

What does he mean by that?

I just shook it off and rested my head on the kitchen counter and didn't realize I doze off to sleep.

-

I felt someone staring at me and so I opened my eyes. I caught Jay looking at me. Realizing I was already awake, he looked away. He was sitting just beside me.

"I-uh...I already finished cooking. I decided not to wake you up since...you looked peaceful while sleeping."he reasoned out.

I just nodded my head and looked at the bowl of noodle soup. I already salivated at the sight of it.

I immediately indulge at the delicious meal as I didn't mind Jay who's beside me.

And suddenly, a question crossed my mind.

I stopped at my tracks and looked at him.

I wouldn't want to waste this hunger time which I'm always blunt but not rude.

"Do you know Eria Dane?"I asked without hesitation.

His face stilled and I could see in his eyes the recognition in the name I mentioned.

I forced out a chuckle and diverted my attention to the noodles and played it with the fork I'm holding.

"Of course you know her. Don't you?"I asked without turning to him. I heard him sighed.

"Yes, we do."knew it.

"Does she...know what you all are?"this time I turned to him, and again, he agreed with me by nodding his head.

"Did she...became your blood support too?"and like what he did before, he nodded his head.

"Was she forced?"I asked. He shook his head.

"She did it willingly. And maybe because, she felt something towards our brother, Ethan."

"You knew?"

He looked away and chuckled. I sensed it wasn't out of joy.

"I've...always felt different around her. I always feel conscious and nervous. And that time, I knew I liked her."

Oh sh*t. So this is what love triangle means.

Oh wait no. Add another corner for me.

~~~

A/N

A filler...I guess?

But I think this chapter makes sense. See you on the next one.