Chapter 43 - The Field Trip

Arien's POV

Friday came.

Everybody was actually excited about the field trip tomorrow, despite it being for academics. Well, this is the fun part about learning and schooling. I don't want to be just locked up in the house, being homeschooled like other children having strict parents. Sheesh. Good thing my parents ain't like that. They almost set me free.

I was currently inside the classroom, waiting for our next period which was managed by our adviser.

Finally, the class started when she entered.

While we were doing a short quiz activity, she then talked about the field trip.

"About the field trip students, we just discussed about this yesterday and finally, we all agreed to some things. This won't be just for the first senior year, but for the whole."

My hands stopped maneuvering the pen I was using.

.....(loading)

What?

What the f—?!

I looked up to her when she continued speaking.

"Well, surprisingly, the twelfth grade also need some actual learning and some experiments for their class in Science. And we decided to just join the two levels so it wouldn't be too much of a bother if it was just in one go. Would you like to have camp with them students?"

"OMG! I can't believe this!"

"I would like to camp with them ma'am! Willingly!"

"Of course ma'am! There are a lot of beautiful girls there bro."

"Oh my gosh! Are the Levid brothers coming too? I can't wait for tomorrow!"

And everyone agreed on that.

"I'm starting to hate this..."I spoke to myself.

"Yeah. I knew this was a bad idea."Poly said, sitting beside me, already finished answering her paper. She's fast.

"Quiet, everyone. Well, this trip is mandatory so everyone will be there."and everyone shrieked in happiness. "Now, now, everyone. Just pack clothes good for two days. I would like to recommend bringing thick clothes for the camp. The rainforest that we will be going to have a very chilly and rainy weather. You don't have to bring tents because we will be staying in cabins just outside the forest. Bring some art materials and notebook for jotting down notes. Be reminded that this is still part of learning, not just for fun."

"Be here before six o'clock tomorrow since the bus leaves at that time. Whoever is late or won't attend, they will have a minus grade on my subject."

Everyone groaned at that, including Poly. She hated having low grades.

"Well, see you tomorrow. Take your time packing tonight. Goodbye."

And she left the classroom. Everybody then noised about the field trip and the joint camp with the twelfth graders.

Oh this won't be to great.

-

After I returned home, I immediately went straight to my room to pack a few things. I already told Emilia about my field trip tomorrow and so I will take a leave. She said it was okay and won't take away a few bills in my pay since it was a school-related activity.

I thanked both of them, including Nathan for that. I guess their relationship is going smoothly.

Anyway, when will I have my first boyfriend?

Oh, yeah. I just refused an offer.

Great. I'm thinking of just staying single all my life in a small farm being managed by me. I like taking care of animals and vegetables too, you know.

I sighed at myself for thinking about that. I'm too young to have a boyfriend. I'll wait for a few years more. I don't want to have any distractions while I'm studying. That'll be too hassle. And to those who have boyfriends while they were studying, I'm happy for you for managing your relationship and school wisely.

I'm not really good at time management so I will suck at managing two things at a time.

School is much important and you can reach something greater if you work hard on it. Boyfriend? I don't need it at the time. If I would like to have a boyfriend, I would refer myself to my imaginary or fictional friends.

I finally finished packing and putting my clothes inside the large blue backpack I always use whenever we go road tripping with my cousins in the past. They are already grown ups by the way.

I lay on my bed and felt my tummy rumble. I guess I'll be having a small dinner tonight.

I left my room and went to the kitchen, only to find Jay and John in there, they seem to have a serious conversation while cooking in front of the stove.

"Were you serious about earlier?"

"I was, and partly because I was confirming something."

"Hey guys."I greeted when I entered. They both turned to me, quite shock.

"How long have you been standing there?"Jay asked.

"Just a few seconds ago."

"That's impressive. I never felt your presence coming. But I did smell a flowery,  aquatic and woody scent. Was it yours?"John asked.

I smelled myself. I shook my head.

"I don't seem to smell like one. You have a weird sense of smell. Are you perhaps, getting old?"I asked teasingly as I walk towards the fridge.

"What? No! With this face? You think I'm getting old?"he reacted quite violently. "Everyone even think I have a face of a baby."

I chuckled. "I was kidding. And yeah, you do look like a baby. Cutest with your dimples on."

I couldn't stop from talking about that as I rummage through the pack of foods until I realized what I just said.

"You really think I'm cute?"I just heard John's voice and his breath just beside my ear.

I jumped as I stood up when I realized where he was at beside me. I had my back on the other door of the fridge while the other one is still open. I was gripping a pack of hotdog and a small container of ice cream as I look at him, a bit horrified and surprised.

"John, don't startle her like that."

Thankfully, Jay butted in while holding a bucket of chips, walking towards us.

"Here, bring your chips upstairs and continue to watch those movies."he said and handed John the bucket and afterwards, he ruffled his neat hair.

"Oh come on!"the other one complained. Jay grinned.

"Don't worry about your hair too much. Go now. I'll be there in a few."

John just nodded and turned to me.

"You wanna watch with us?"

"Uhh...nah...."I can't seem to imagine myself being comfortable with two guys in a room.

"Okay then. Good night Arien."and off he go.

"That kid. He really earned some mischievousness from Ricky."Jay said and looked at the pack of hotdogs in my hands. "Do you want me to cook that for you?"

I just nodded since I'm also lazy after the things that happened today.

"Grilled or fried?"

"Grilled."

And I spent the night while eating hotdogs and a cup of ice cream.

With Jay.

~~~

A/N

Among these guys, who are your most fave? I just had the urge to ask you about that.

Anyway, see you next chapter.