Chapter 24 - Rich Kid Vibes

Arien's POV

After Jay invited me to go with him and shop for groceries, I took a bath in my room and wore a white t-shirt tucked in a black jeans and covered with a peach colored hoodie. I also paired it with white sneakers.

I came down from upstairs while only bringing my wallet and phone. These are the only things which are important. Plus I wore my necklace under my clothes. I don't know why but I can't seem to leave it here without someone wearing it for me.

I found Jay, standing near the door and playing with his keys, waiting for me. With him standing there, I found him attractive. Yeah. I can't lie to myself right now.

"Where are the others?"I asked when I finally reached him.

"They went with their own businesses. And, Jake walked the dogs at the park when you were taking a bath."

I just nodded continuously.

"So, shall we go?"I asked.

He gave me a folded piece of paper. I opened it and it was the list of goods we need to buy.

"Can you hold on to it for me? You can also add the things you want to buy."he said. I just nodded. Oh wait. Pen.

"Here."and he gave me a pen. He walked out of the house while I was thinking of what to buy. I trailed after and saw him walking into the huge garage.

I also entered and saw him walking towards a red car. Oh. I thought we'll be riding his motorcycle. Not that I wanted to.

"Come on, hop on."he said. I went for the passenger's seat and he went for the driver's.

A few moments later, we were in the middle of the road, riding his fancy car.

"I know we're not close. But I actually want to get to know you all since...you know...things happened."I spoke. The silence was deafening actually.

He smiled. Anyone would die for that smile. It looks so beautiful on him.

"It's fine. And I know my brothers aren't that welcoming, even I am when the first time we met you. We also became much more rude when you finally knew the truth. But I also hoped to get along with you."he answered and I felt his sincerity.

"Well, I've always wanted to ask you this."

"What?"he glanced at me and his eyes went back to the road.

"How old are you?"I saw him grinned briefly.

"One hundred and twenty one years old."

My eyes widened. "I thought y'all were about a thousand."

He chuckled in amusement. "Seriously? You thought we were that old?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I don't have any idea."

He shook his head as he smile. He looks rather dazzling. Oh come on! Why can't I stop complimenting him?

"How about the others? How old are they?"I asked again.

"Ethan was a year older than me. Jake and Shawn are at the same age as me. Liam is a year younger, John is two years, and Ricky is three."

"I almost thought you all have a lot of age gaps. Surprisingly, not."

"We all grew up together."huh?

I was about to ask him again about something when the car stopped.

"We're here."he said. I looked around and we're already at the mall.

He got out of the car first and I was fluttered when he opened the car door for me. Ooohhh. Gentleman.

Get yourself together idiot!

I got out of the car and I wasn't surprised when most of the girls visiting the place is glancing at him. I can barely hear their whispers and admiring his handsomeness.

But Jay seems to doesn't mind. But he doesn't look like flaunting himself either. Just....neutral. If he was another guy, he would already have winked at other girls. But no. He was Jay. And Jay seems to be a humble guy.

I smiled at that thought.

We walked inside the mall and proceeded to the grocery area. Jay grabbed a grocery cart and held I onto the paper where the foods and goods are listed. I also wrote down the things I needed to buy as well.

"So, what's first?"he asked.

"Let's go to the meat section."I answered and moved quirkily towards the direction where meat are displayed. I heard him chuckled.

-

We finished checking out the groceries we bought. I just trailed behind Jay who was walking around, but definitely not in the direction of the mall's exit.

"Uhm, where are we going?"I asked. Who looked back at me.

"I actually decided to buy some new clothes. Would you mind?"he asked. I shook my head.

"It's okay. I might as well just join you."

We went to an area where we can leave our grocery bags to shop freely. A security guard was guarding the place.

After leaving those bags behind, we went into a fashion boutique for both men and women and the clothes in the shop looks so expensive. And I wasn't wrong. When I peeked through the price tags, my eyes almost went out of my eye socket at the huge fortune. How come these are so expensive?!

I noticed Jay rummaging through men's clothing. Well, I won't be surprised if those cost a couple of thousands. Sheesh. My head is hurting about this.

But a dress caught my attention. It was a beautiful blue midnight dress that seems to extend up to the knees. A few ruffles here and there and some glitters.

But I looked at the price. My face fell when I realized I can't afford it. And, it's too good for me. I can't even imagine myself wearing that.

I sighed and was about to return it on the clothing rack when a hand stopped my arm. I looked at my side and saw Jay.

"Do you like it?"he asked. I blinked.

"U-Uhm...yeah, it's pretty and all but I don't think I can buy it... And I don't think it will also look good on me so nevermind—"I almost whispered but he cut me off.

"Don't think like that. I know it will suit you."he said. I blushed. Ugh. I hate this kind of situation.

He gently took the dress from my hand and went to the cashier. Wait, what??

"Uhm, Jay...what are you going to do with that?"I trailed behind him.

"Buying it."

"What?! I-uh...you don't have to do that..."I said.

"It's fine, and also look for shoes that can match this dress. I know you will look pretty in it."he said and smiled.

How can he be so kind yet deadly at the same time?