Chapter 8 - How Can We Expect The Unexpected?

Arien's POV

I didn't know how I came back to my room with still the mug of choco drink on my hands, still processing what happened earlier, meeting Mr. Levid's sons. With 's'.

"This is Ricky, my youngest."and the guy near him waved at me. He looked like a playful guy.

"Well once again, this is John my sixth son."and John just nodded to my direction. He does look respectable.

"Liam, my fifth son."the guy politely smiled at me. He look fierce yet cute at the same time. Seriously, why am I praising these guys?

"This is Shawn, my fourth son."and the guy also smiled at me as he brushed his hair with his fingers, but I don't know if there's something behind it. To be honest, he's the most attractive one.

"Jake, my third son."and the guy greeted a 'hello' and I paid it back with a shy smile and nod. He looks nice and innocent in a matured way.

"Jay, my second son,"and he smiled nicely at me. He looks expensive and fashionable, and a bad boy. But I can't really judge him base on how he looks.

"And last but not the least, Ethan, my eldest son."and he just nodded without looking at me. He looks like the most matured one, I just don't know how he acts though. He's hard to read. He looks like he can be nice and bad at the same time.

I think I was too drunk even from the choco drink that I was too dazed in my series of thoughts. I didn't realized there was a knocking happening at my door.

"Y-Yes?"I stuttered because of nervousness. One, if I didn't answer sooner, that person will break down my door. Two, it might be one of Mr. Levid's son. Three, I hate being shy around boys that's about my age, or anyone older than me.

I was actually surprised that Mr. Levid had a lot of sons. He looks like he's in his thirties or late twenties. Seriously.

"We prepared dinner. Are you coming down or not?"I don't really know who's voice it is, since I've never spoken to one of them or hear them speak, except John and Jake.

"C-Coming!"I said and immediately wore my indoor slippers, not forgetting about my mug of choco drink, which I finished first and brought it with me, before opening the door.

And I just found Ethan, already walking away from my room. Yeah. Great. Maybe I was too slow to reply.

I just followed right behind his back and he seems to feel my presence because he turned his head to the side briefly.

We came at the dining area near the kitchen. Everyone is already seated and they seem to wait for us. Different dishes and delicious foods were placed on the table. The food stock is already finished earlier. Where did they get these foods?

"Join us, Arien. You can sit beside Ricky."Mr. Levid said, sitting at the far end of the ten seater table.

On his right side, there sits Ethan, Jay, Jake and Shawn, respectively. On the left, there's Liam, John and Ricky. A chair is empty beside him and the chair that faces Mr. Levid.

I went to the kitchen counter first to drop my mug in the sink to wash it later. And just like what Mr. Levid told me, I sat beside Ricky, even though I'm a bit uncomfortable.

A plate is already placed in front of me. I took some foods that's near me and started to eat. And thankfully, Ricky was considerate if I wanted other foods other than those. And he took care with it for me.

"Here, it's really delicious. Jay cooked all of these foods."he said as he handed me the plate of fried chickens. It differs in flavors.

"T-Thank you."