All for you

The vibration sounds before the ringtone, clattering against the glass. His phone is always out, nowadays; easy to see, to grab, to answer. No need to fumble in any pockets, no tangling the wires.

"Is this Harvey Specter?" a woman asks when he picks up.

"Yes," he says before she's finished the question.

"This is Nell Langan at Danbury Correctional Facility," she says.

He stops listening after that.

"Yes," he says, later.

Sorry, what was the question?

"You're the emergency contact for Mike Ross?"

One more time?

Oh. I see. Yes. No. Yes. No. I'll take care of it. Yes, please. No, thank you. Okay. Okay. Thank you for calling.

Did you hang up, or did I?

Harvey stands at the window and looks out at the dirty grey sky.

Falling. He's falling. The glass has vanished into the air, into the smog and the smoke, and he's falling. He'll crash on the ground fifty stories down and then they'll never find his body because he'll keep on falling, forever and ever, until he's swept from the earth to wander aimlessly through space and time, forever and ever, and ever.

There was an incident.

Harvey stands at the window and looks out at the sinking orange sky.

An incident.

"Harvey?"

I'm here. I'm here.

"Harvey, what happened?"

Nothing. Nothing happened, nothing at all.

Donna touches his shoulder, and the orange sky starts turning dark.

"Harvey, you've been standing here all day."

Have I? I'm sorry to have worried you.

Harvey looks down at the phone in his hand, but it's slipped and fallen to the floor. The display is dark; the battery's run out. Oh.

How long has it been?

A while now, hasn't it. That's all right.

Harvey leaves his phone where it's fallen on the floor and turns around, walking to the door.

"Harvey," Donna says, chasing after him. "Tell me what's wrong."

Everything. Everything that could be, that's all.

"Harvey, you're starting to scare me."

He presses the button to call the elevator. Careful now; don't break it. We only have so many.

"Mike is dead."

Is that horror in her eyes? Tears and sorrow?

He stops listening after that.

The elevator doors close, and he looks down at the button panel. Why did he get on this car again? Where is it he's supposed to go?

Harvey presses the button for the roof. He holds it down a little while, just to be sure.

We'll be conducting an investigation, she said. As is the protocol in these situations.

This is just one of those things that happens sometimes. We have a protocol. We know what to do.

How would you like us to handle the remains? she asked. What would you like us to do with the body?

I don't. I don't know.