Post-its. [Part-3]

Jessica walked smoothly into the staff room, the clicking of her heels giving away her presence to everyone, who respectfully said "Good morning," to her, and left hastily. Whether intimidated by her or remembering they had work she didn't know, but she couldn't help smiling. She didn't usually use the staff room, but her own office was out of commission for a while, so she decided to get her morning coffee from here instead.

She leant down to get some milk out of the fridge and smiled slightly at the post-it on it.

NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO EAT MY YOGHURT AND NOT REPLACE IT I WILL FIRE YOU.

Jessica smirked. The writer must have some shrewd idea who had eaten their yoghurt. She wanted to guess that it was Louis, but partners didn't usually venture into the associates break room. The kettle fully boiled and she looked away, deciding to leave the writer and their victim to their own devices.

The next time she saw the notes, it was purely by chance. She had come down to find one of their paralegals, and was told that she would be in the break room. Stepping in she had a quick conversation and was about to leave when she saw more post-its on the fridge. Naturally curious - it was how she was a good lawyer, after all - she went to read it.

I knew you would end up changing the post-its. Didn't I say flourescent yellow was more me?

Jessica realised the first one was just a plain white post-it, and the one stuck to this one was now a bright yellow.

Maybe if you kept your yoghurts in your own fridge rather than ours - you have a whole office! What were you doing keeping them in here anyway?

It was sharp and to the point, and also quite argumentative. She now knew the writer with the white post-its can't have been an associate if he had his own office. And after going through various partners in her head, there was only one she knew of that would have an associate who wouldn't hesitate to argue back or call him on something.

It had become like an addiction now, for her to check the fridge for further messages. She was quite sure now who she thought the speakers were, and she also watched them; amused that they just acted like normal - they only sparred through their notes on the fridge.

The only reason I changed my post-its was because they were STOLEN. Much like a certain yoghurt that you haven't owned up to. And it's amusing to see my top of the range yoghurt in there with the supermarket brand ones you lot keep.

Yeah, if you keep leaving these notes then you'll find that everyone will be stealing your yoghurt. Some people get expensive yoghurt too - not just 'senior partners'.
P.S. I didn't steal your yoghurt.

Jessica was incredibly amused by these notes. It stopped them yelling at least. Although she found that eventually the fridge was covered with them. And the associates were too interested in the debate and scared of the partner that they weren't removing them. The post-its spread onto the walls after a while. She was scanning through them with interest, seeing arguments ranging from;

If I remember rightly, yours was something stupid like 'passion berry' and I'm allergic to blueberries, so the chances that it was me who took it are less than 0.535234%

to:

I'm telling Donna!

The next time Jessica checked in, there was a red post-it in the shape of a star amongst the chaos.

If you guys can't act like adults I'm going to confiscate your post-its, yoghurts and the whole damn fridge.

There were two left at the end of this:

He started it!

Well now I'm ending it. Just buy me a new yoghurt.

Jessica chuckled and reminded herself to give Donna a payrise.