Muggers. [Part-1]

Mike huffed as he walked down the empty street. It was twelve o'clock when he had finally gotten out of the office and then he had realized his bike had a flat tire. He had stayed at the firm all last night to finish up paper work and now he was just dead tired. Bike or not, he was getting home. The people on the streets slowly thinned out as he trudged his way back to his apartment. The street lights turned on and his clock now read twelve forty, but he was almost home. Somewhere in the back of his mind he wished he had called a cab, but it was too late now. Just a few more blocks and he could sleep. Some shady looking thugs were at the end of the street he was on, handing a small object back and forth between them. Mike could hear them laughing, but knew enough to ignore them. He passed them when they called.

"Hey, dude!"

Mike cringed. He ducked down and kept walking, hoping they meant someone else or would ignore him.

"Come here, man!"

Another guy called. They ran up behind him and grabbed his jacket. With a sigh, he turned around.

"Can I help you?"

He said as sarcastically as he could. The thugs laughed and one more walked up. There were three of them now, and they were crowding him.

"Yeah man, why don't you give me that bag and your bike?"

"Look, I don't have anything-"

"I said-" Two of the men pulled out knifes and the last one chuckled. "Give me your stuff."

With an annoyed face, Mike pulled off his bag and gave it to them, along with his bike.

"Happy?"

"No, actually, not really."

Mike's brow furrowed. He had nothing else of value (visible at least) and he didn't think that they'd want anything else. The men tucked away their knifes and pulled Mike down into a nearby alley.

"Oh come on guys, seriously, just let me go!"

"Now where's the fun in that?"

The largest one spit. They moved in and started punching while they cackled.

Harvey grabbed his morning coffee and walked into the building. He had already noticed Mike's bike wasn't there, but he still had a few more minutes to get to work on time. He passed Donna with a smile and moved into his office. Taking out his phone he called his associate, only to get his voicemail. Hanging up, Harvey took his phone out and texted Mike.

Better not be late today Ross or I'll have your ass

Returning to his work, Harvey waited for Mike to show up. Five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes, two hours later he stood up. Mike had never been this late before. Sure, a few minutes here a few minutes there, but never longer than half an hour. If Mike showed up fine he was going to kill him. Not that he cared or anything. But still.

Mike woke up on the hard ground. He groaned and tried to sit up, which was a big mistake. Dizziness clouded him for a moment and he fell back onto the ground. Instead of getting up, he looked over himself for damage. His tie was gone, his jacket was torn apart, his back and legs were muddy from the ground, and he was pretty sure the shirt he had worn under his jacket was unrecognizable. He inched towards a wall and leaned up against it as he sat. Running a hand through his hair, Mike pulled it back to reveal blood. Crap. He finally stood up and looked through his pockets, which were empty. Now he was going to have to walk all the way home to call the poli- wait, what time is it? Mike's head was cloudy as he ran out of the ally and saw a clock. Ten twenty. He was screwed. He was so, so, so, so, screwed! He was about to call a cab when he remembered that the thugs who attacked him had stolen his bag, which contained his wallet. Ignoring the pain and aches from his body, he half ran-half limped back to the office. Mike's mind was very cloudy and he barely remembered what had happened last night. He just knew he didn't want to be any later than he was. Stumbling towards the building, several people stopped him. They said something about him needing help, but he shook his head and continued to the building. Harvey's going to kill me! Entering the building he was oblivious to any of the stares he was getting. The pain was radiating off of him, but Mike ignored it. All he knew was that he needed to get to the office. The elevator doors slid open with a ding and he entered, leaning against the wall like his life depended on it. He passed Louis who gave him a curious look which held barely any compassion or concern. Mike vaguely heard Donna calling after him as he opened the door to Harvey's office.