Boat or Yacht? [Part-1]

We actually get to go on his boat?" Mike asked excitedly, bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet as he listened to Harvey outlining the plans to 'woo' their newest client. Alfred Hemingway was originally from England, and he recently decided he wanted legal representation after he moved to America. They now had to meet with him regarding what he actually wanted from them.

"Yacht," Harvey corrected as he skimmed through the suggested merger that Hemingway wanted with his company. "And yes - so read up on yacht etiquette before we go."

"Yacht etiquette?" Mike repeated. "What is that, like no talking with your mouth full?"

"That's just basic human decency," Harvey replied, sounding slightly bored as he read through the file. "Make sure you wear the right kind of tie."

"It's just a boat!" Mike complained. "Who cares how I dress?"

"Yacht," Harvey corrected again, before looking up and fixing his associate with a critical glance. "And you honestly need me to answer that?"

Mike huffed. Over the months he was only too aware of how important it was to dress appropriately. And now he was worrying, rather than feeling excited at the prospect of getting to ride in a boat. Yacht. Whatever.

"Are you sulking?" Harvey asked, not paying Mike any attention, and asking as more of a courtesy. "Because if I bring a sulky associate to a meeting - "

"It'll look bad on you, I know," Mike finished for him, rolling his eyes. "I'm not sulking. When's the meeting?"

"Tomorrow - 12 o clock - and we're leaving here at exactly half past 11 to get to the dock in time. So if you're even a second late..." Harvey left the threat open, knowing Mike understood.

"I know, I know," he sighed in reply, grabbing some files from the desk he needed to finish on his own desk, "you'll leave without me. Or feed me to Louis."

"I'll leave you to be fed to Louis," Harvey said to him, putting the merger to one side to pick a different document up.

Mike pretended to be wounded and clutched at his chest, before pointing to Harvey dramatically. "That's just cold!" Mike told him.

Harvey hid his smirk. He was busy and if he indulged the kid too much he'd never be left alone. It reminded him of a stray that you leave food out for. "It's good to know that when you get excited about something, you don't start acting ridiculously," Harvey said sarcastically, before looking up and giving a shoo-ing gesture. "Now get out - you don't have those files ready for tomorrow, and it won't just be me who's cold - you'll find yourself swimming to shore."

"Aye aye, Captain," Mike said, giving him a salute as he left.

He'd only find out later that his words were more or less dead on.