Boat or Yacht? [Part-5]

When he awoke properly, Donna was sat next to him, with a worried expression and slight mascara lines down her face. She brightened when she saw him open his eyes. "You idiot," she said, making him frown. He hadn't been expecting that. "You don't try and get into the lifeboat; you let it drift off with just your jacket in it - purely because you had to show off and save Mike."

She was crying slightly now, giving him a hug. He gave her an awkward pat on the shoulder. "How's Mike?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

Donna sat up and wiped at her eyes, sniffing occasionally. "Donna..." Harvey growled.

"He'll be okay," she told him, noting that he seemed to have now relaxed completely. "I don't know how he kept himself afloat for that long though," she marvelled, horrified to find her eyes brimming with tears again. "The paramedics in the boat had to fix a dislocated shoulder; and he won't even need more time than normal to let it heal, even though he was obviously using it to stay afloat!" She beamed at Harvey. "We underestimated the puppy."

Harvey smirked. He didn't know whether he should inform her that he basically held Mike for about 2 hours - which would make her extremely happy with him - or whether he should let her believe that Mike was incredibly brave and strong.

Screw that.

"He didn't keep himself afloat," he told her. "He couldn't move his arm at all because of the dislocation, and he'd hit his head - he barely knew what was happening."

"So, how did...?" Donna wondered, looking at Harvey with a questioning glance.

"Well I couldn't let him drown - imagine the paperwork! And I know you didn't like meeting with all the new associates," Harvey told her, trying not to feel damn good about her grin.

"You held him up?" She said, looking even more happy than she had done when she'd gotten Louis to cry. That was a good day... "For 2 hours? I know he probably weighs less than me wringing wet, but to hold him up, and keep both of you up? No wonder you've been sleeping for so long! Oh, Harvey - admit that you care, and - Harvey?"

Harvey hadn't really been listening to her, but his head had shot up and he was narrowing his eyes at her. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Well, technically - "

"How long?"

"You've been in here for 2 days. This is really the first time you've been coherent. The other times were just mumbling. Don't worry," she said, tipping him a wink. "Everything you said, I already knew."

"Where's Mike?"

"He's in his own room, Harvey - I didn't realise that when I was using your not exactly limited amount of money that I would need to budget and make sure you were put in one room. Although it would have been nice," she said, gazing around the room, "to have my boys closer."

Harvey snorted. "How about you go check on Mike," he told her.

She smiled at him. "Want me to write out a 2 page report on how he's doing? Maybe tape him for you? How about we set up a baby-monitor in his room?"

She left, giggling, knowing he wouldn't have the balls to throw the pen he had in his hand at her.
-----------------------------
In another 2 days, Harvey was ready to be released from hospital. Actually, he was fine to be released after 1 day, but he made up some story about how his coughs still felt watery. Donna had kept her mouth shut, humming slightly, and as soon as the doctor had gone she had made up a little song with lyrics that went something like, "Maybe it's because you don't want to be away from Mike..."

But he was now stood outside the hospital, Ray pulling up outside with a grin. "I'm glad you're feeling better," he beamed, opening the car door. "I'm assuming you want to go home?"

"Hang on a second, Ray," Harvey said, glancing back at the hospital doors. Soon enough, they opened and Mike stumbled through them, holding onto a bag tightly with his right hand, whilst his left was being held in a sling. Mike reached the car and smiled at the driver.

"Okay, Ray," Harvey said, getting in and closing the door before Mike had a chance to slide in; meaning he had to get in from the other side. "Now we can go."