Parks.

Mike sat cross legged on Harvey's couch, reading through a heavy law book for fun. He had finished the homework his bemused teachers had set - and to be fair, any teacher would be bemused when being told they'd be getting a new student and opening the door - expecting to find another 16 year old who didn't want to be there, only to find a smiling 6 year old stood there instead.

Although even the 16 year old work was again too easy he found solace in the familiar feeling of being the smartest kid in the grade. Even if they were all 10 years older than him. Teachers kept telling Harvey that Mike should go to a private school and get him tested - and hey, he could even go to college by 8. Harvey simply smiled at them indulgently and replied that he'd consider sending his son to college when he could tie his own shoe laces without help.

Harvey walked into the office and ruffled Mike's hair as he walked past, feeling the kid lean his head back slightly in response to the affection. "Hey, kiddo - find anything interesting?"

"I've already read this one," Mike sighed, pushing himself up off the couch and giving Harvey a hug, standing on his tip toes on the couch to wrap his arms round Harvey's neck. "I'm bored." Harvey smiled at him and used the grip Mike had to pick the kid up. "Daddy!" He whined, struggling ever so slightly to get out of it but secretly liking it.

"What?" Harvey asked, "I was under the impression my little boy wanted to be lifted up. My mistake," he grinned as Mike held on tighter. Sure, the kid was now 6 and a lot bigger than he had been at 3 but it still felt like nothing to lift him up.

"I'm not little!" Mike said indignantly.

"Oh, you're not?" Harvey asked, a grin on his face as he walked over to his chair.

"Nope," Mike said firmly. "You measured me against the wall the other day, remember?"

Harvey smiled, remembering well. Mike had pulled at his hand and made him go into the mess that was his room and passed him a pencil, drawing himself up against the wall. Harvey had ticked off a mark just above Mike's head and let the kid grab a tape measure, writing down beside it how tall he was.

And if Donna gave a snide remark about how it was just to keep tabs on if his son was growing up properly or not; well she was very wrong.

Even if Harvey had checked online afterwards and then panicked slightly upon the realisation that Mike was short for his age.

Specter men weren't short for their age.

Harvey decreed that the internet must be wrong.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?" Harvey was reading a file with Mike sat on his lap. He had sat down with Mike still in his arms and so had adjusted his hold for Mike to sit very comfortably on his knees as he pulled a folder out.

"I'm bored."

"You've said," Harvey replied, highlighting something in his file.

"Can I go somewhere?" Mike asked, chewing on his thumb as he gazed up at Harvey.

"Like where? Donna's desk? The park? Disneyland? Maybe I can arrange a shuttle to take you to the moon?" Harvey suggested.

"Can I go to the park?"

"I'm too busy, Mike," Harvey said regretfully, cursing the fact that his job left him with the options of either bring his son into work or leave him at home with someone who wasn't Harvey.

"Hence why I asked if I could go," Mike sniped.

"I'm not letting you go there on your own, Mike," Harvey told him, rubbing his side apologetically as he could practically hear the boy pouting miserably.