Blood in the water AU. [Part-4]

Mike didn't know what was going on with him. He couldn't remember a time when he had felt this bad before. He felt like he was on the verge of losing it. He was barely holding himself together right now. He had gone to Harvey for help but everything just felt worse than before now.

Harvey just sounded so angry and Mike couldn't understand it. Or he did, he had done a bad thing, but he was being punished for it now, couldn't Harvey just let it go for a couple of hours until he felt better. He wasn't equipped at reacting to Harvey's questions or statements now. His mind wasn't working as it should, the state he was currently in was too distracting. He felt like he couldn't breathe, like the air he drew into his lungs wasn't enough. And on top of that, every breath jolted his injured side and made the pain worse.

He was aware of that Harvey wanted him to move somewhere. Harvey wanted him to go, to leave. He didn't really know where. Was Harvey taking him home to his place? Didn't he want Mike here anymore? But he had asked for help, he wanted Harvey to help him. He didn't feel good.

"Mike, you have to get up." Harvey was close to him now, holding out his hands in front of him, towards Mike. He stared at Harvey's hand. He didn't know what to do with them.

"Mike, I get that you are in pain, but we need to go." Harvey was saying.

Mike did try. He tried to get up but his legs wouldn't cooperate. Something was wrong with them. He groaned a bit and heard Harvey sighing. What had he done?

"You should have come to me earlier!" Harvey exclaimed. "You were in pain before as well, weren't you? So why the hell didn't you say something?"

He couldn't take it anymore. He clenched his teeth hard but it didn't stop the emotions from welling up, coming out of him in forms of tears. He didn't know what to do about this. He didn't know how to stop Harvey from sounding so angry. He had just wanted Harvey to help him, to make the pain go away, not this. Not angry words thrown at him. Harvey said his name again, close. Mike bowed down his head. He didn't want Harvey to see that he was losing it.

"I…I didn't know…I didn't." He was sobbing now. He didn't know what he was saying. But he did his best to stop, just stop it and to hide his face from Harvey. It was just that he couldn't really take it anymore. It was too much. It hurt too much and he didn't have the energy that he needed to defend himself against Harvey's words. He didn't care either at this point, it just hurt and he wished for it to stop.

"Mike, okay… Okay. You didn't know. Look, it will be fine. Just…" he heard Harvey walk around close to him and flinched when the older man touched his shoulder, pain flared up. "I think it's time for the hospital, kid." Harvey said gently.

Mike didn't answer him. He was busy with trying to keep it together and not to breathe or move too much. Every moment hurt like hell.

"I'm going to help you, okay. I'll help you. We'll take it slow." Harvey sounded kind. Not like before. And he said that he would help him. That was nice. Mike needed help. He carefully looked up and met Harvey's eyes. He actually looked worried. He was worried about Mike?

"You…you're not mad?" He whispered. He just needed to know that. He needed to know in case Harvey would leave. He needed to be prepared.

Harvey slowly shook his head. "No I'm not. Come on now. We'll take it slow."

This time Mike let Harvey help him to stand up. His legs almost buckled and he stumbled into Harvey.

"Okay, oaky." Harvey said. "Steady. You are okay."

Mike was a moment later. At least okay enough to know how to put one foot in front of the other. Without him realizing it they had made their way down and out of the building. A taxi were standing there waiting for them. The driver came around and opened the door for them. He said something to Harvey that Mike didn't catch. The next thing he knew they were moving and Harvey was trying to get his attention.

"Talk to me Mike. What's going on with you?"

Mike swallowed. "I'm…I'm dizzy."

"Okay." Harvey said. He felt along Mike's arm and took hold of it. Mike stared at him.

"I'm taking your pulse." Harvey explained.

"Why?"

Harvey didn't answer, just shook his head a bit at him.

Mike looked out the window and swallowed again. He was so thirsty. Maybe Harvey could get him something to drink.

"I'm thirsty." He said.

Harvey just raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm thirsty. Harvey. I'm really thirsty." Mike told him.

"Yes I heard you Mike. You can't have something to drink right now."

"But why not? What did I do? Please?"

"God kid, you didn't do anything." Harvey sighed.

"But I just want something to drink Harvey. Just some water. I'm so thirsty."

"I said no Mike. And I don't have any water."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

"You're mean." Mike whined.

"Sure, I'm mean." Harvey agreed.

Mike decided to ignore him. He was tired anyway. He leaned his head against the window and closed his eyes. He swallowed again. Why was he so thirsty?