Buses.

"Mike... aren't you forgetting something?"

Mike looked up from his backpack to see Harvey holding a slip of paper in his fingers, raising his eyebrows. He grinned sheepishly and took it, putting it in a safe pocket of his bag. "Thanks."

"How is it that you can remember - "

"It's not the same thing," Mike cut him off before he even had a chance; already knowing what Harvey was going to say. "You did sign it, right?"

"No, I thought I would just give you it back unsigned to make you cry," Harvey said, rolling his eyes. "You've been talking about this for weeks," he said, grabbing his briefcase. "I'm not so mean that I wouldn't let you go."

"Remember when we went?" Mike asked, a slightly dopey smile on his face as he reminisced.

"Yes, you spilt ice cream down my pants," Harvey muttered, quickly drinking some coffee before he had to leave.

"Do you just remember everything through clothing related incidents?" Mike asked, smirking.

"Pretty much. Seem to remember you wanting to sit in the splash zone to try and hide the fact that your pants were already - "

"I was 4!" Mike defended, blushing. "It could've happened to anyone."

"You were walking around in just a pair of pull-ups for the rest of the day..." Harvey remembered, smirking and shaking his head. "Okay, I've got to go - have fun at the marine centre. You get back at 5, right?" Mike nodded. "Just come to the firm if you feel like it, I feel like leaving early today."

"Okay," Mike said, shouldering his backpack before quickly hugging Harvey. "Bye, Dad."

"See you later, kiddo," Harvey replied, ruffling his hair before leaving. Mike was 15 but went to NYU, meaning he only needed to get the subway then walk a few streets rather than get a lift off Harvey. He wasn't exactly bullied, but he wanted to prove he could go there and getting dropped off by his dad didn't really help. Although he was doing an undergrad in law - an accelerated undergrad course after some exemplary letters from several partners and managing partners of one of the city's best law firms found their way into admissions - Harvey was making sure he had other courses; and he had found a small group of gifted kids who excelled in different things.

This was hosted in a large room on the NYU campus, and Harvey couldn't believe his luck when he found the group (he had Jessica to thank) that comprised of some other genius kids who were on courses way above their age bracket. Harvey had been told of a few of them, and apparently one of Mike's 'friends' (he would use air quotes because the young girl seemed to be more than a friend) was already helping in a biology lab on campus.

The tutors on the course still made sure they were up to date with maths, science and English - Mike especially seeing as his course was Law and not really based around any of them and the tutors didn't want him to fall behind.

Mike went most days - even when he didn't have scheduled lessons; he went to be with people his own age - and just because they were all certified genius' didn't mean they were all like serious adults. Mike often got into a game on an X-Box with one of the other boys and they had a basketball hoop, as well as other things the tutors assumed a group of young teens would like to play with.

And it was this group that had organised a trip for them to a marine park - it was apparently less of a water park like Sea World but not as much of a conservation centre. Mike was excited - after going with Harvey all those years ago he associated it with fun, happy memories and felt a large grin appear on his face when he handed in his permission slip and took a seat on the bus next to Gemma; the girl hoping to go into marine biology and who was his age - they were the youngest in the group by only a small bit - everyone else was mostly 16 or 17.