Star Wars and Scissors. [Part-2]

"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately three thousand seven hundred and twenty to one." Mike quoted in his best C-3PO voice and looked up at Harvey with glazed eyes. The older man stood in front of his associate, who sat on a hospital gurney with his legs dangling over the side. Harvey noted in the back, the very back of his mind, that the kid looked much younger when he was doped up on pain medication.

Suddenly, Mike swung his legs harder, kicking Harvey in the shin and leaned forward to look at the floor. Harvey winced at the impact of Mike's foot, but had to grab Mike's arms gently to keep the younger man from falling off the bed. He pushed him back and the kid just looked at him expectantly.

He rolled his eyes and gave a long sigh. He rubbed a hand across his face, before relenting.

"Never tell me the odds." Harvey deadpanned. He smirked a little when Mike's eyes lit up.

"Correct-o!" Mike yelled, until Harvey covered his mouth.

"Inside voice, Mike." Harvey warned for the umpteenth time. Once he received a dramatic nod from his associate he removed his hand.

"I'm going to go see what's taking so long to get you discharged, before I'm reduced to quoting R2-D2." Harvey said as he walked towards the door. "Stay here."

If Mike had heard him, he simply chose to ignore Harvey. Instead, he began quoting Yoda.

"Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long-"

Harvey found the perfect time to leave.

When he returned, Mike was fortunately where he left him, but looked more drowsy.

Thank God. Harvey thought. He liked Star Wars, sure, but trying to keep up in a quoting game with a kid who has an eidetic memory and spaced out because of pain medication was starting to wear him down.

"Hey." The older man snapped his fingers in front of Mike's face. "We're ready to go."

"R2-D2 says that the chances of survival are seven hundred and twenty-five to one."

Harvey sighed again. "Maybe I should have hired R2-D2 as my associate because he is pretty smart. The chances of you surviving will be low if you don't shut up."

Mike's eyes widened and he shut his mouth dramatically. Harvey smirked, thankful he finally got the kid to be quiet.

"Okay, I've got to go back to the office for a few minutes then we can go home." The older man stated, as he steadied Mike on his feet. His associate fixed the sling he was forced to wear for the next two weeks, around his neck and followed his boss out of the hospital.

Harvey stepped off the elevator, unfortunately followed by his babbling associate who refused to wait in the car. He turned the corner to see Donna sitting at her desk. He nodded his head back in the direction of Mike who was walking really slow and mouthed 'Keep an eye on him.'

She raised an eyebrow at Harvey, then looked at Mike who was now standing by the water cooler, his face pressed against it, looking through it. She bit her lip to keep from laughing and stood up. Harvey had texted her on the way back to the office to tell her he was only coming in for a few minutes and he needed her to keep a "doped up Mike" occupied and out of trouble.

"Oh, Donna." Harvey said, sticking his head out of his door. "He still thinks he's in Star Wars."

She nodded and made her way over to Mike. She bent down beside him, looking through the water cooler as well.

"You're not actually going IN to an asteroid field?" She quoted in her best Princess Leia voice.

Mike looked at her, not even a bit surprised by her arrival. He looked behind him, then through the water cooler and then back at her.

"They'd be crazy to follow us, wouldn't they?" He replied, his voice serious.

The receptionist laughed and stood up. She walked over to Mike's right side, since that was the arm that wasn't injured, and tugged on his arm gently.

"Come on, Skywalker. Quit trying to be Han Solo, but you can still keep calling me Princess."

She walked them over to her desk, leaving Mike leaning against the front of it as she sat back down.

"Well Princess, it looks like you managed to keep me here a while longer." Mike said with a charming smile. She rolled her eyes and checked to see if Harvey was finishing up anytime soon.

"I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks it's dangerous for anyone to leave the system until they've activated the energy shield." Donna replied, while typing something on the computer. She heard Mike yawn, but out of the corner of her eye she saw him stand up straight and stiffen. She looked up just as Louis appeared in front of Mike.

"Michael." He greeted, in a devious tone, as he looked at Mike's bandaged shoulder.

"Lord Vader, our ships have completed their scan of the area and found nothing. If the Millennium-" Mike began to speak, but Donna cut him off. She stood quickly, walking around her desk.

"Ahhh," She trailed with a nervous laugh. "Mike. Stop talking." She ordered firmly, then smiled at Louis who wasn't amused.

"Louis, I'm...Mike is sorry. He is on a lot of pain medication right now so he doesn't really know whats going on." She laughed, but Louis just stared at them.

"He shouldn't be here if he's high, which really doesn't surprise me. Here at Pearson Hardman, we have high standards that-"

"Then how do you work here, Louis?" Harvey walked out of his office and asked, but most of his sarcasm was lost. Donna noticed Harvey stand slightly in front of Mike, in what would look like to anyone a protective posture, but Harvey wasn't protective of Mike. She rolled her eyes at him, then turned her attention back to Louis who straightened, and moved his head back and forth matter- of- factly.

"Harvey, if you are encouraging this kind of behavior" Louis started to say pointing to Mike, who was just staring at the ceiling swaying back and forth slightly.

"He's on pain medication, not weed. Quit being such a tight ass, Darth Vader." Harvey smirked, grabbing Mike's uninjured arm.

"Come on, Luke." He said, guiding Mike back to the elevator. "If you choose to face Vader, you will do it alone. I cannot interfere."

Harvey pushed the button as Mike spoke.

"I understand." Another associate walked passed them, and Mike addressed him as he finished his quote. "R2, Fire up the converters."

The man just looked at him, and Harvey had to bite his lip hard to keep from laughing.

"Luke! Don't give in to hate. That leads to the Dark Side." Harvey mocked, playing along again in Mike's drug induced Star Wars world.

Louis almost snarled in anger.

Donna turned to Mike and placed a hand on his good shoulder.

"Strong is Vader. Mind what you have learned. Save it you can."

Mike nodded in understanding. "I will. And I'll return, I promise."

"And that's a wrap." Harvey said guiding Mike into the elevator.

Donna held the door open with her arm.

"Obi-Wan take care of Skywalker. I'll deal with Vader."

"Children. I work with Children." Louis muttered as he walked off, most likely to Jessica's office to rant.

Harvey smirked and nodded to Donna in appreciation. The elevator doors closed and Harvey turned his attention to his associate who looked ready to pass out. He figured by the time they got back to his apartment that Mike would just sleep until morning and he wouldn't have to deal with him anymore, but he had no idea how wrong he would be.