Post-its. [Part-1]

Mike arrived at his desk in a bad temper that morning. Louis had cornered him just as he got into the lift and said something along the lines of 'Do this for me or I will get Jessica to make you my associate instead of Harvey's'. This was something Mike really didn't want to happen. Whatever he might say to the contrary, he loved working with Harvey; that and the fact that he didn't want to spend all of his time at Louis' beck and call. At least Harvey didn't make him do all of his work for him.

So now, Mike had a huge stack of folders he needed to go through, and he hadn't even been given his work from Harvey yet. He'd also had to get a cab in, as he still hadn't found a replacement bike yet. Thank god his pay had gone in, or he would have had to walk in and his knees still gave dull throbs if he walked for too long. Sure, Harvey had said he should call Ray, but Mike wasn't used to having a personal driver and he would feel the need to repay him - although what with he didn't know.

He threw the files down at his desk and sat down, going to turn his computer on. There was a fluorescent yellow post-it on his computer screen.

Remember how I said to call Ray to get to work? And how I didn't see you get dropped off by him this morning? Thanks to that, you've received about a dozen files, courtesy of Louis, that he wants looking through. And now I don't have an associate I can use for the day. You think I draw fear yet trust from just anyone? It requires finesse, and I can't start something like that up over one day. So if you've learnt your lesson, hurry up because I need my associate back dammit.

Mike couldn't help but chuckle at the note, and stood up to go talk to Harvey, before being pushed back into his seat by Louis.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I need to - "

"For today, you work for me. Gregory's covering your duties with Harvey," Louis smiled at this, thinking that he now had the better of the two associates.

Mike sighed. It was going to be one of the longest days of his career.

"For god's sake - how am I supposed to close this case when the associate I've been given can't even do some simple research for me?" Harvey steamed, glaring at Gregory, who had forgotten to do the obvious and check some bank records.

"I'm sorry, Mr Specter, but I - "

"No. Just get out of here," Harvey ordered, and waited until he left before letting out a frustrated growl and punch his desk. Why had he decided that giving Mike up for the day was a good thing? He needed someone halfway competent if he wanted to win this - and he always wanted to win.

He stalked out of his office for a while to get some air and when he came back he saw an amused smile on Donna's face. "What?" He grumbled, still in a bad mood.

"You have Mike Mail," she said to him, smirking.

"I'm not even going to ask," he sighed, walking in and sitting down. He realised what she meant though, when he saw the piece of paper left on his desk. The note began in a snarky way, and Harvey saw that it came 'From the desk of Louis Litt'

As you can tell by the letter head, I've spent the whole day in Louis' office. You know what that does to a person? He's been making me sanitise the pens after I use them! You know I have to chew on the lids when I think, and he hits my knuckles with a ruler if I do that! Doesn't that count as harassment? This is going to be sent in my only break. You get that? Louis has kept me here all day and I get 10 minutes to use the bathroom and send you a note.

Don't think it's because I miss you...

Harvey could imagine Mike saying this in a very stern way, but chortled as he thought of how much Mike would give to be in the other office right now. However, he then also felt slight anger. Mike said he only got one break. That wasn't right. Harvey had even given that idiot Louis had sent regular breaks. No one mistreats his associate.