Stabbed

Mike sat at his desk as he played with his pencil. Harvey had a new client they had to meet. Harvey, being the busy man that he is, entrusted the task of meeting this client to Mike, but only because Jessica had a matter that demanded Harvey's attention.

Now, Mike was just waiting for Harvey's say-so.

Mike couldn't lie. He was nervous. Every time Harvey allowed Mike to do something by himself, Harvey would give some long condescending speech about how he was a reflection of Harvey. In other words, if Mike looked bad, Harvey looked worse.

"Mike," Harvey called. Mike looked up from his desk to see Harvey motioning to follow him. He made his way into Harvey's office and sat on his couch.

"Remember the meeting you have today?" Harvey asked. Mike nodded. "Remember what I said?"

"Yes!" Mike answered with a little sign of frustration.

"Good," Harvey said as he handed a few files from his desk to Mike. "Jessica's meeting will run shorter than she had planned. So, I'll still have time to catch up with you."

"Why bother coming?" Mike asked.

Harvey smirked. "To make sure that any mistake you make can be fixed before the meeting's over." Mike rolled his eyes. Harvey started making his way out of the office. "The meeting you have starts in forty five minutes. Don't be late." And with that, Harvey headed to Jessica's office.

As Mike was leaving, Donna stopped him. "I see trust is not an issue in your relationship with Harvey," she said sarcastically.

Mike scoffed. "I don't get what's up with him," he said while shaking his head. Mike checked his watch. "Look I better start heading out." He waved to Donna and exited Pearson/Hardman.

Mike was taken to a mansion. It had to be a mansion. Something this big could NOT be called a house. Calling it a house would only insult the owners. Mike paid the cab driver and slowly made his way to the front door with his mouth wide open in amazement.

He stood in front of the door, prepping himself as to what to expect. He heard something inside the house. It was a heavy thud, but Mike just assumed someone had dropped something. And if someone dropped something, it means someone's home.

Mike rang the doorbell. All noises stopped. "H-hello," he called out, a weird feeling forming in his stomach.

A startled voice answered. "Oh yes. The door's unlocked. Come in."

Mike raised an eyebrow. The voice sounded like they'd been caught by surprise. Didn't they expect me to come? He slowly turned the door knob. The door led him to the living room. That's when all the alarms in his head went off.

The living room was a mess. Lamps broken. Couch overturned. The only thing that looked untouched was the lone aquarium close to the stairs.

Mike pulled out his phone. Wanting to do nothing but get out as fast as he could, he turned around to leave. That's when he ran into a large body that almost threw him off balance.

"The Nicholsons are a bit busy right now," the weird man said. Mike had no time to react before he saw a glint of silver and felt a sharp pain in his chest.

The man pulled the knife out, shaking his head as Mike put a hand to his chest. "Sorry, kid."

The man walked out. Mike's knees gave out on him as he fell to the ground. Mike felt consciousness slip away from him. Soon, he welcomed the blackness and felt no pain as his eyes slipped closed.

Harvey took a cab to the Nicholsons' mansion. He called Mike who, as he suspected, didn't pick up his phone. He figured one of two things: Mike once again, left his phone somewhere. Or, Mike messed up, and was saving the lecture he was going to get til later. Harvey tried debating which one was the most probable. Knowing Mike, he thought those two possibilities had a 50/50 chance of happening.