Blood in the water AU [Part-7]

"Did you talk to Mike yesterday Harvey?" Donna asked him as soon as she saw him coming down the corridor.

"Eh well, no. By the time I got home it was so late. I would just have disturbed him."

"The case is over. When are you planning on going to see him?"

"I was planning on going today Donna. I'll just take care of the last paperwork."

"Good. Give him a hug from me and tell him I'll see him as soon as I can."

"I'll tell him." Harvey promised and stepped into his office. He would see about the hug. He actually felt really bad about not talking to Mike yesterday. It just had been so much with the case, but it had worked out. He would go and see Mike soon.

He got the opportunity to go after lunch. He had called the hospital and gotten an update on Mike. He was on some test when he called but would be done by the time he arrived. When he walked into Mike's room he found the kid laying listlessly at the bed looking out the window. He didn't react to the door closing behind Harvey.

"Hi kid." He said and sat down.

Mike's head snapped towards him and he saw how Mike swallowed hard and whispered his name.

Harvey didn't really like what he saw. He almost thought that Mike looked worse now than he had the day before yesterday.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Mike just stared at him, his hand twitched weirdly at the bed.

"Mike are you doing alright?"

A nod this time.

"Sorry I didn't come yesterday. There was just so much about the case."

"How did it go?" Mike asked shakily.

"Fine. It's done with now."

Mike swallowed. "That's good." He said.

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you…" Mike stopped talking midsentence.

"Why didn't I what?"

"You said… You said that you would talk to me yesterday. You didn't call or text or anything?"

Mike had that look again. He looked sad.

"Yeah, I was just so busy. And then it got late." Harvey said.

Mike looked away.

"You could still have sent a text. How hard is that?"

Harvey rolled his eyes a bit, feeling a bit annoyed.

"Well, as you must know I had a lot to do, partly thanks to you I might add."

"I said I was sorry. But I couldn't really help that I was attacked, could I."

"Well, you could have done something about the reason you were attacked, couldn't you?"

Harvey didn't really want to have this conversation again. He felt like they already had it before and Mike looked so upset now that he wanted to take his words back. He felt like he wasn't really handling this all that well. Mike was in a hospital bed recovering from surgery for gods sakes. He shouldn't get upset like this.

"I regret doing that. I do Harvey. But what's done is done. It's not like I will do it again."

"You better not. It doesn't really work out for you."

"Yeah, I thought you said that this was exactly what I deserved!"

Mike was sitting up in his bed now, Harvey couldn't help noticing the arm he protectively held over his left side.