Post-its. [Part-2]

A/N- Mike, Harvey

Harvey felt a nudge on his elbow and looked down to see Mike's hand retreating and a scrap of paper left in its place. Harvey quirked an eyebrow at the juvenile behaviour as he looked down to read:

Do we actually need to be in this meeting?

Harvey looked back over to his associate who looked both nervous that he would be told off, and bored out of his mind. Harvey pondered for a second. Technically they did need to be in this meeting. All associates and partners had to attend. Basically, Jessica was telling them about the plans for Pearson Hardman's future and the new budget that was being brought in, new office extensions... Harvey gave in and scribbled something back. In the large room they were easily lost to the eye of Jessica, and even if she looked, they would appear to be taking notes.

Only because if we don't, Donna had us scheduled for the other talk later about sexual harrassment in the work place.

A law firm has to have talks about harrassment for it's employees? O.o

Have you SEEN Louis lately? And that lapdog of his - Kyle or something.

It's a mixture - sometimes it's Kyle but sometimes it's Gregory. So what does Donna have to do if she doesn't attend these?

I can't believe he lets that waste of space in his office. I think she goes to the sexual harrassment one.

What? But if anyone tried anything on with Donna she'd throw them out the window or blackmail them :S

Exactly. They teach you how to 'deal with it in an appropriate manner'.

The notes stopped for a few moments as Harvey looked once more to the front of the room, where an accountant had a flow chart out. He groaned. He couldn't sit through anything with charts. He felt another nudge and looked down again, letting out a laugh as a quick exhalation of breath out of his nose instead.

Wanna play hangman? I'll go first:

Movie: _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

Kid, if we're seriously playing a game in a meeting, I'm going to make sure it's educational. Law terms.

:( Fine. Just so you know, it was Fight Club.

Okay, Law Term then: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

First off - Fight Club? Really? At least choose something either a) halfway decent or b) harder to guess. Okay - E

Okay, so you're taking the easy way out and guessing the most common letters... That says a lot about a person :P And Fight Club is an amazing movie!

I prefer movies where you need to think.

Or films about lawyers? Bet you loved The Devil's Advocate. :O I should've chosen that! It's perfect!

Careful, kid.

... for Louis and Gregory?

Right. E?

Oh, yeah - _ e _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ e / E _ _ _ e _ _ e

W

Nope - building the scaffold!

Great. A.

_ e _ _ _ _ _ _ a _ _ _ e / E _ _ _ e _ _ e

N.

_ e _ _ n _ _ _ a _ _ _ e / E _ _ _ e n _ e

Last word's evidence.

How do you know?

...

Right.

_ e _ _ n _ _ _ a _ _ _ e / E v i d e n c e

Just for being smart I'm adding to the scaffold.

Cheater. It's clearly 'Demonstrative Evidence'. I win.

Game wrecker. I'm going to kill you anyway.

Do that and I'll break your pen, and then your fingers.

Someone's a sore loser.

Damn straight. I. DON'T. LOSE.

Alright. Whatever.

The next few minutes passed without anymore writing, as Harvey glanced over every so often to see that the kid was well and truly sulking. He was slouched in his chair, with his arms crossed, a pout on his face and doing all he could so as not to have to even look in Harvey's direction. Harvey's lips quirked in a crooked smile and he decided that two could play at that game. He could be very patient when he wanted to be. Sure enough, he felt a small nudge.

How about tic-tac-toe?

I'll only win again. And then will you have another tantrum?

I wasn't having a tantrum! I was... pondering. Listening to Jessica.

What did she say?

"Since profits are up we have 25% more something and now we can buy more stuff and I love Harvey, ooh how can anyone have resisted him for as long as I have, I just love how stoic he is, and how much he cares about his associate and...

At this point his pen was stolen from him and they had a small, silent fight.

You're such an infant.

You weren't listening. I was. That's what she said - who has the eidetic memory?

The same person who clearly has an overactive imagination and a death wish. And you ARE an infant.

Am not!

Point proven. Need I remind you that it was you who decided we should start passing notes like 3rd grade girls? And then to play games? And I get stick every day about my 'child'.

What? No comeback? Finally decided that...

"Making some notes gentlemen?" Harvey looked up to see Jessica stood over them. "Surely it would be more productive to use different pieces of paper?"

"We're economising," Harvey answered without missing a beat. Mike slowly slid his hand over and took the sheet of paper with their scribbles and took it off the table, pulling it into his lap to hide it.

She nodded at him, not believing him one bit. She gave a small smirk at how the young associate was constantly glancing at Harvey to gauge his response so he could copy it.

"Janice - please proceed," she called to the front and walked back to sit at her table. Mike could feel everyone's eyes on the two of them and felt the back of his neck flushing as he slid down in his seat. He waited for aproximately 7 minutes and couldn't stand the lecture anymore.

Great, you got us in trouble.

Aw, did Mommy telling Mikey off upset him?

Screw you.