Post-its. [Part-10]

To say that Mike was bored was an understatement. However grateful he was that Harvey had given him this amazing opportunity and had hired him at great personal expense, he was still feeling bitter towards him. He hoped the Senior Partner could feel some sort of burning sensation from the glare he was sending from a few seat down.

Apparently, Pearson Hardman did occasional IQ tests and they split the conference rooms up and then randomly filed the first 20 or so employees into the first conference room, and then the second, third, etc... The guys from IT had put all their portable laptops in the rooms, as Jessica apparently thought it was best to do the tests on a computer.

Honestly, Mike suspected that she thought if they were made to do the tests on paper, it might lead to notes being passed. Maybe that was why she made sure that when both Mike and Harvey filed into the room, she directed Mike to sit away from his boss.

Feeling slightly lonely, he opened up a new window and logged into the firm's email system. He now just needed to get Harvey's attention. Thinking fast, he decided to just do what he did in high school to get Trevor's attention when they were sat away from each other in a test. Firstly making sure that the 'teacher' (Jessica) wasn't looking, he found an old pen and threw it, wincing as it hit Harvey's back and hoping he wouldn't get fired.

Harvey turned, an eyebrow raised as he saw Mike give a small, timid wave, "Email," Mike mouthed obviously, quickly looking back at his screen as Jessica glanced up from where she was sat. Apparently the firm really didn't like cheats, as they were made to sit in silence and were watched by a high ranking member of the firm.

Mike quickly typed his email and sent it.

Why were you asked to do this? You're a Senior Partner.

Because Jessica wants to avoid the appearance of favouritism. How should I know? Why are you wasting my time with emails, anyway? We have an hour to do this ridiculous thing.

I've finished, I'm bored :(

You've finished? What did you do, look at it beforehand and learn it? Maybe you sold it as well?

Haha. Actually yes. I skimmed through at the beginning and read the questions. And then I remembered them, worked them out as I wrote out the one before and finished about 20 minutes ago.

It STARTED 20 minutes ago.

Yeah?

... Unbelievable.

I'm sorry - is that an impressed tone I read?

No matter what your brain can do, you can't read tones. And no, I'm not impressed - I just finished.

Why do they give us an hour to do it? It seems really pointless.

Apparently that's the standard time for everyone. And the firm like to know how smart their employees are.

Should I have tried to get some wrong? I mean, will they suspect me if I get everything right?

Don't flatter yourself, kid.

Oh I know I got everything right. Why, scared that I'll beat you?

You cheated. So if by some amazing feat you actually DO beat me, it will be because of that.

I didn't cheat. I just remembered the questions. Not my fault I have a superior mind to everyone else.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

... Wanna play mad libs?

Right. Superior mind. Of course. Because mad libs isn't a game for children at all.