Post-its. [Part-4]

Rachel sidled up to Mike one boring morning in the office. "Mike," she started seriously, knowing she was being watched by all of the associates.

Mike pulled his headphones out of his ears and looked up at her, a small, goofy smile on his face. "Rachel," he beamed at her.

"Everyone's a bit curious as to why..." she was never one to beat around the bush, and so she plunged right in, "why you and Harvey keep leaving each other notes all the time."

Mike frowned, his forehead wrinkling slightly as he sat back in thought. He could see Kyle and Devon pretending to read files and glancing in his direction. "What's wrong with leaving notes? If he's not there and I need to tell him something he almost never answers his phone. Usually it's important stuff about a case."

"What about that note I saw you taking off the bike railings yesterday?" Rachel pushed.

"Reminded me that I needed to gather the files for that court case we had," Mike told her. "My phone's been playing up and he knew that I wouldn't see Donna before getting to my cubicle..."

- - - Yesterday - - -

Mike walked past the bike railings and, as he did every morning since his bike was stolen, threw it a wistful glance. He missed his bike. He loved having a bike. He really needed a new one. He did a double take as he looked again and saw that there was a note sellotaped to the bike rack.

It's just sad seeing you looking at this stupid thing like it just broke up with you. Get over it, kid.
P.S. For God's sakes check your phone - you know how many times I've tried to call/text? This note-writing is getting all too regular; it's as if you're scared to actually talk to me.

Mike snorted and pulled the note off the bike rack, crumpling it up and throwing it in the bin.

- - - Now - - -

"Well, what about that one we saw you leave in his office?" Rachel pressed. "Maybe at lunchtime yesterday."

"Have you been spying on me?" He asked her, half seriously.

"I just don't get why you keep giving each other letters!" She gave up, throwing her hands in the air in frustration. "Why can't you just go talk to him?"

"Hey, I stole all of his post-its - I might as well use them."

"Mike - can I have a word?" Mike groaned as he heard Louis say these words to him. He pushed himself off his desk and walked over to Louis' office. He stopped in his tracks. Louis had a collection of notes scattered all over his desk. Some were bright yellow, some white and Mike thought he could see some red ones mixed in there as well.

"You know what these are?" Louis asked rhetorically. "These are proof that you clearly don't have enough work to do. Passing notes around the office clearly shows that you are in want of more work. Am I right?"

"Uh, actually..." Mike started; not really sure how to get out of this without being given extra work.

"Mike," Louis said, holding up a hand to silence him. "I know working with Harvey isn't easy - and if you feel intimidated, or unable to go to him for help; then you can come see me. These notes," he cast his hand over them, "need to stop. Got it?"

Mike hastily nodded, standing up and making sure Louis was with okay with him leaving before hastily stepping out of the door.

"I've got those files you wanted," Mike said to Harvey, walking into his office.

"I didn't want any," Harvey replied, looking perplexed. He was even more confused when Mike tipped him a wink and left again. Looking down at the file he opened it and saw it was an old case file they had about a month ago. Confused and slightly concerned about his associate's behaviour, he stood up to go kill Mike, before noticing that something fell out of the file.