Chapter Nine

Hunter ~

Hunter walked into Lexi and Declans home, getting a quick hug from Lexi as soon as he walked through the door before he went to greet Alpha team out on the back deck.

Axel, Grayson, Austin, and Hawk had returned home safely. Not only that but this had been Grays first mission back in the field with his now fully functional arm.

"Good fucking job boys." Hunter said as he greeted each team member, shaking their hands and giving them each a quick slap on the back before cracking open a beer and having a seat.

All of Bravo and Alpha team took seats around a large table and celebrated together, swapping stories and laughing, just grateful to be with each other.

Hunters sides hurt from laughing so hard at his men's stories and jokes and he was reminded of how much he enjoyed time like this. Time where he didn't have to be in charge and could be one of the guys for a few hours.

He instinctively checked his phone and noticed the battery was low.

"Anybody got a phone charger? Damn things almost dead." Hunter muttered watching Declan lean forward and tap on the large glass window with his knuckle.

Lexi's head lifted from the couch and she came outside with a smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around Declan's neck from behind. She pressed her lips against Declan's jaw causing a lazy smile to spread across his face.

"Gimme another." Declan said, tilting his jaw up at Lexi.

She happily obliged and Hunter felt the side of his mouth start to rise, unable to stop his own smile at his teammates happiness.

"Will you take Hunters phone and put it on the charger in the kitchen?"

"Sure thing. The girls and I will listen for it and bring it out to you if it rings."

"I appreciate it Lex." Hunter said as she took his phone.

Hunter sipped at his beer, listening to Axel tell a story that had Pierce and Caleb throwing their heads back with laughter when Lexi appeared at the door again.

"Hunter I think you may need a new phone. I put it on the charger but it's not charging and it's down to 1%. Nat even tried her charger and the same thing happened."

Lexi handed Hunters phone back to him just as the screen went black and became unresponsive.

Damn it. I don't have time to go get a new phone.

Huffing out an irritated breath, Hunter pocketed his dead phone and thanked Lexi for trying.

"Hey Nate you got your phone on you?"

"You know I do Sir."

"Let me know if any requests or communication comes through for Delta or Charlie."

"Will do." Nate said, turning the volume up on his phone and setting it in the middle of the table.

Graysons phone was sitting on the table too and lighting up, grabbing grays attention every ten seconds.

"Who's EB?" Hunter asked letting his curiosity get the best of him.

"Uh no one. A friend." Grayson said quickly as he grabbed his phone.

The way Grayson said no one meant it was definitely someone. Hollywood's about to have a damn field say with this.

"EB? EB...wait a damn minute." Pierce said as if on cue.

"Gray you fucking dog." Pierce cackled.

EB...Emma Bailey. Kincaid's kid sister. Oh shit.