Chapter Twenty Five

Hunter ~

Nate, Pierce, and Marcus kept their eyes glued to the Elite Tactical team that was retreating through the front of the house and down the main road, giving Hunter a play by play through his ear piece.

"I wouldn't put it past those fuckers to regroup and ambush us. We need to move." Hunter said as he made his way into the house with Declan at his back.

They moved silently through the house with their weapons drawn, sweeping every corner in search of their primary target - Gatimu.

"Movement on your left." Declan said into the comms mic.

Turning over his left shoulder as he rounded the corner into an empty room, Hunter found Gatimu huddled in a scared clump on the floor with his hands in a surrender pose.

Coward.

"On your feet." Hunter commanded loudly with his rifle trained on Gatimu.

The man scrambled up and studied the men in front of him with his hands in the air, yelling in another language.

"What's he saying?" Declan asked.

"Unarmed, no danger." Hunter translated for him.

No danger? Bullshit. You're a terrorist that sells and murders children. No danger my ass.

"Shut the fuck up." Hunter yelled down the barrel of his rifle, making the man jump in response at the volume and depth of Hunter's voice.

Hunter backed Gatimu up as he entered the room, reaching out and forcing him to his knees.

"Visual ID." Hunter said flatly, prompting Declan to pull a small picture of Gatimu from his pocket.

Letting his rifle hang around his neck, Hunter took the small picture from Declan and held it out, comparing the picture of Gatimu to the man on his knees in front of him.

That's him.

Getting a nod of agreement from Declan over his shoulder, Hunter pocketed the photo and pulled a gun from a holster at his side.

Using the barrel of the gun to tip Gatimu's chin up, Hunter inspected the elaborate face tattoo, only further confirming the man's identity.

"Eagle, you got visual confirmation?" Hunter said into the mic as he turned Gatimu's head from side to side with his weapon, letting the camera record every aspect of the man's face.

"Copy that. Facial ID confirmed. Drop that motherfucker." Nate confirmed.

Without a second thought or any hesitation, Hunter took one step backwards, aimed his weapon and fired two shots at close range though Gatimu's forehead.

The chirp of the silencer at the end of the muzzle was followed by a sickening thud of Gatimu's body as it slumped over and crumpled to the floor.

Hunter stared down at the body with zero remorse and a deep scowl on his face as he watched Gatimu's life blood drain onto the floor.

If only the parents of the girls you've tortured, sold and murdered could see this for themselves.

After taking the necessary pictures needed to document and confirm the kill for Homeland Security, Hunter and Declan rejoined Caleb on the porch with the two children who looked a little less scared than they had before.

"See I told you he'd be right back." Caleb said with a smile as the little girl looked up at Declan.

"How's it going out here?" Hunter asked, wanting to know the status of the children.