Chapter Fifty Six

Hunter ~

"Get a thermal blanket on her, now." Hunter ordered, prompting Caleb to produce one from his pack.

The two men wrapped the blanket around her while she lay unconscious in Hunters arms. It was well below freezing and the darkening sky around them only brought more cold, coupled with snow and wind that stung as it hit their skin. 

Hunter had run every scenario imaginable through his analytical mind, even the ones that included carrying her lifeless body home to be laid to rest. Just the thought tore a hole through his heart and he intentionally jostled her every few minutes just to see her facial expression change or hear her soft noises as she slept in his arms.

"Sixty three hours of sleep deprivation torture." Axel said, placing his hand briefly on the top of Kenzie's head.

"She's been through worse." Banks muttered.

Banks' words caused Hunter to tighten his hold on Kenzie and pull her closer to his body as if that were possible.

"You hear what she said about your boy?" Hunter muttered.

"No, what'd she say?"

"Eli's a fucking rat that's what. Gave up our position." Austin snapped, staying by Hunters side every step of the way.

Banks' brows dropped and rubbed the back of his neck in disbelief.

"You sure that's what she said?"

"Clear as day." Caleb added.

"Fuck." Banks whispered to himself.

"Hall, I had no idea..."

"I know. But you know I have to handle it right?"

Banks' expression dropped and he stared at the ground as they walked, knowing exactly what needed to be done.

"Yeah...do what you gotta do brother."

"Eagle, patch me through to Bravo Two." Hunter said into the microphone at his neck.

After a few seconds Marcus' voice sounded through his ear piece which was a relief in itself.

"We've got the package and are still securing the area, but we need to initiate operation blue falcon - Echo." Hunter ordered.

"Echo and Pappa or just Echo?" Marcus asked for clarification.

"Echo only for now. Pappa on standby until we get more intel."

"Copy that." Marcus said, knowing that Hunter was letting him know that Eli was a confirmed threat to the teams and needed to be secured and Parker was to be watched carefully.

They had doubled back to one of the entrances to the bunker, knowing Jack was most likely inside with a few remaining Elite Tactical operatives.

There was only one visible door that was deep set into the rock face of the mountain side.

"Eagle any progress on that blue print?" Hunter asked into the comms, hoping to get some information about the inner layout of the bunker.

"Negative. I think that's why he chose it, Sir. No record of it." 

Fuck. I'm not about to send my men into an underground tunnel blind.

Hunter gave a signal to his teams to stop and crouch while he created a plan, knowing the operatives inside had to be dealt with before they could leave...especially Jack.

"I could easily blow that door, Alpha Leader." Austin said quietly.

True, but they could pick us off one by one. It looks like it was designed to withstand and ambush.