Chapter Twenty

Hunter ~

Later that evening Hunter dismissed the teams asking only Nate and Caroline to stay behind to help monitor two separate assignments. Nate was to monitor Charlie teams active mission, while Caroline gathered intel for Bravo teams upcoming mission.

Nate gave Hunter a quick report on the status of Charlie teams mission, which was going well at the moment.

"Call me if anything changes. I'm reviewing contracts for Alpha in the conference room."

"Copy that." Nate said loudly as Hunter walked down the hall, passing by Caroline's office on his way.

"You got a sit rep for Bravo teams' mission?" Hunter asked, leaning against the door frame as Caroline started typing on her computer.

"All good Sir. Boat with targets and hostages is en route to safehouse in Kenya. Still looking like low security and high visibility. Bastards think they're invisible, but I've got eyes on em' and I'm monitoring radio chatter. Bravo should have no issues." Caroline said, getting an approving nod from Hunter.

"Keep me updated." Hunter said flatly before leaving.

Bravo team was set to leave for Kenya in two days and would take out their high value target and extract the hostages on day three. The trafficker turned terrorist they were pursuing was sloppy and made finding his hideout in Kenya easy work for Nate. Bravo team simply had to wait for them to get settled into their straw house before they arrived to blow it down and rescue the children they were harboring for ransom.

Caroline was tasked with monitoring the boat that carried the primary target who was the leader of the terrorist organization, along with the child hostages as they traveled by sea toward their supposed safehouse in Kenya. She was watching heat signatures and analyzing radio chatter to try and give Bravo team the most accurate intel prior to breaching the walls of the safehouse.

Her ability to take over surveillance for Bravo allowed Nate to give his full attention to Charlie team who was currently invading a small village in search of weapons that had been stolen off of a U.S. cargo ship.

So many moving parts, always busy and always on high alert. That's the way Hunter lived his life and his teams needed him.

Hunter sat down into a chair with a hard thud as he opened his computer and started skimming contract jobs for Alpha team to decide their next sanctioned mission. His eyes darted and danced across the screen, analyzing locations and threat levels for each job with a stern serious expression on his face.

"Sir. Charlie team hit a snag." Nate said loudly from the other room.

"Define snag." Hunter yelled back.

"They found double the inventory they were sent for. Gonna need more air support to lift it out, but the nearest base is giving me shit."

"Patch em through." Hunter said coldly, picking up the receiver on the conference room phone as soon as Nate sent the call over.

"Hunter there's nothing I can fucking do." A desperate voice echoed through the speaker.

"Bullshit." Hunter growled.

"I can get a second bird there in twelve, but that's the best I can do." The man countered.

"That's fucking horse shit and you know it. My guys stuck their necks out and found a second shipment that you dumbfucks didn't even know was missing. So you get a bird there to lift it or I'm telling them to move the shit they've got and abandon the rest. They aren't sittin on that shit for twelve goddamn hours. I won't allow it."