Chapter Forty Five

Hunter ~

Hunter knew he had to shut down Knight Security and warn his men without making it painfully obvious to any unwanted onlookers that may be listening in or watching. He didn't know the extent of the security hack so he had to assume it was all encompassing.

Kincaid, Logan, and Grayson maintained their side conversations but kept their gaze in Hunters direction, waiting and searching for directives.

Focusing his analytical mind has never been a problem before, but Hunters thoughts refused to focus on the checklist of items he needed to complete. His mind repeated the same phrase over. Get Kenzie out.

It was an all consuming notion and Hunter squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head, trying to physically rid himself of the intrusive thoughts.

He turned on the lot camera and watched Austin guide Kenzie to his car, keeping her tucked close to his side. Once they were safely off the premises Hunters mind was able to clear out the emotional noise and center itself on the task at hand.

I need to know the extent of this threat which means I need to get Banks out of the building and moved to a secure location. And I need my teams off site. I have to figure out a way to communicate with them without being seen or heard.

It was obvious to Hunter why Banks didn't flat out tell the rest of the team about the potential threat. If the security cameras had been hacked, that would have given Miles or Jack time to regroup and create a new plan once they knew they'd been discovered.

We need them to think we're in the dark for as long as possible and when I lock down Knight Security their movements will be telling. If they attack the facility that means Banks or his men let the false location of the drives slip. If they attack my house they are after Kenzie. That's what I need to know - Are they after the drives or are they after Kenzie?

Bravo team is getting settled at James'. Who else is on-site?

"Alpha team on perimeter check?" Hunter asked Grayson.

"On the South side."

"Delta?" Hunter asked Logan and Kincaid.

"Shooting range." Kincaid confirmed.

Both will have radios.

Still pretending to work, Hunter checked a few emails, then casually texted Nate beneath the desk as his mind continuously strategized, running a risk benefit analysis of every scenario.

Situation developing. Cut the power to building A and C in fifteen minutes. Delay back up generators by ten minutes.

Nate didn't respond, but Hunter had complete faith in him.

"You need us for anything Sir? I think we're gonna go hit the shooting range." Logan said trying to keep their daily activities on schedule.

"Negative. Im gonna head to my office if you need me."

Standing and moving to his office, Hunter understood that the rest of his men wanted an excuse to load up on weapons from the armory and practice at the shooting range was the perfect excuse.

Hunter took a seat at his desk and subtly locked a few files away, pocketing the key while placing some files in a bag. He fired off one last text to Viper, the team leader of Charlie team, while he pretended to rummage through a drawer.

Light house going dark in five.

Turning his attention back to his computer, Hunter mindlessly scrolled his email, counting down in his head until the room went dark and silent.