Chapter Twenty One

Hunter ~

An hour later Knight security was buzzing with vehicles and people as Bravo team came in to be briefed on their botched mission.

Each member of Bravo team came in with bags over their shoulders and serious expressions on their faces, knowing Hunter would only call them in two days early if it was a true emergency - And it was.

"We've got some serious shit going down with Gatimu." Hunter said as soon as his men entered the conference room.

"What kinda shit? I thought we were just waiting on him to set up camp at his safe house?" Declan asked, bracing his weight on his knuckles as he leaned over the table to look at the aerial images that Caroline had laid out for them.

"We were, but Red clocked two vessels approaching Gatimu's boat and the captain called a mayday over the radio a few minutes later signaling an attack."

"Fuck." Pierce mumbled under his breath.

"He identify the attackers?" Caleb asked, squinting his eyes at the blurred images on the table.

"Said they were Somali pirates," Hunter muttered.

Marcus' brows lowered and he scrunched his face in confusion.

"What?" Marcus snapped.

"My thoughts exactly." Hunter returned.

"Nah somethin ain't right." Pierce said, straightening his posture and shaking his head.

Caroline entered the room with another large printed aerial image that she placed over the top of the table.

"Another vessel in the last twenty minutes." Caroline said flatly as she spread the image out.

"Only 4-5 passengers. Looks like they opened fire upon arrival and gathered the remaining passengers at the back of the boat."

"The hell is going on?" Caleb muttered.

"Shit. alright let's talk through this from the fucking beginning...We got a U.S. diplomat traveling abroad whose children were taken hostage by Gatimu. Since Gatimu runs a small terrorist outfit and trafficking ring he was able to evade law enforcement and fled to what he believed to be a safe house in Kenya...but you're telling me on their way to the safe house a small fleet of "Somali pirates" somehow intercepted the small boat in the dead of night and have now taken the entire passenger manifest hostage?" Declan asked, trying to wrap his mind around what was happening.

"That shit doesn't add up." Pierce said with a disgusted look on his face.

"What are the chances that we find a single Somali on that vessel?" Caleb asked.

"Slim to none would be my guess." Hunter added.

"So who keeps rolling up on this boat. They're coming in fucking waves." Pierce said, flipping through the images on the table.

There's no way this is by chance or random. This boat is being targeted, but by who? And why are they after Gatimu?

"We thinking this is a rival of Gatimu?" Marcus asked.

"Could be. He's got enough enemies and is definitely vulnerable with limited security." Hunter added.

That shit still doesn't make sense though. His enemies would have attacked on land not in the middle of the ocean. Why chase him down the coast? The timing is a clue but what does it fucking mean?

As if he could read Hunters mind, Nate entered abruptly, holding documents in his hand.

"I think I might have an answer for you." Nate said as he made his way into the room.