Chapter Twenty Eight

***If you are the type of reader who skips the smut, go ahead and skip this chapter!***

Hunter ~

Kenzie's small words of consent sent a shockwave through Hunters system that seemed to awaken every part of him.

His breathing and pulse picked up as pulled his arm out from under her and sat up slightly.

Calm the hell down and take it slow. She needs you to go slow.

"You're going to need a safe word."

Her head tilted to the side and she studied his face.

"Cant I just say stop?" She asked.

"You could, but I need the word you use to be jarring and abrupt. Something you'd never normally say so it stands out to me. Your safe word is a full stop word and I need to be able to pick up on it instantly."

Lowering his head down to her neck, he placed a few gentle kisses there to ease her worries as he spoke to her.

"And what if it's so good you start saying things like please don't stop." He said against the soft skin of her neck, hearing her take in a sharp inhale.

You like it when I talk to you like that don't you?

"So what word should I use?" She asked softly, slightly lost in the sensations at her neck.

"Red is a really common one because it's associated with stopping or danger."

Scrunching her nose, Kenzie shook her head and started to laugh.

"That makes me think of Caroline, which then makes me think of Marcus."

"Well fuck that then. Pick a different word."

Kenzie's laugh danced around the air between them and she tapped her chin, becoming more and more comfortable with the conversation with every passing second.

"What about Ruby? Rubies are red."

"A rock?" He asked with a sigh. 

"Crystal." She corrected him. 

"Whatever. It's perfect. You say that word as loudly and clearly as you can if I ever do anything you don't like and I'll stop immediately. No questions asked."

Her demeanor shifted slightly and she looked up at Hunter with a bit of uncertainty in her eyes.

"And you won't be...mad if I say it?"

Kenzie's words broke his heart and forced his expression to harden.

Don't worry Kenz. I'll teach you not to be afraid of me.

"Listen. Your consent and control is a gift. You get to choose when you give it to me and when you take it back. I'd never be mad at you for wanting me to stop. I'm going to test your limits and push your boundaries in order to learn how to please you Kenz. You telling me to stop sets rules and parameters for me and I need that. Don't be afraid to communicate with me."

Kenzie nodded in agreement and gave Hunter a small smile.

Moving his massive body, Hunter maneuvered himself until he was on his knees at the edge of the bed. He gripped Kenzie's thighs and pulled her toward him effortlessly running his hands up her thighs until they reached the top of her shorts.

He studied her reaction as he hooked his fingers inside the elastic waistband of her shorts and gave them a tug to test the waters.

You okay with this Kenz?