-11-

"I'm going to Yuna tonight," The tranquil hush of the room was shattered by your sudden declaration, as you and Tae were nestled together on the couch, his embrace enveloping you in a warm cocoon.

Tae's grip on you tightened slightly, as if he didn't want to let you go.

"Again?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

You have never thought that your husband would be the type to get sad and sulk over something like this. But lately, you've noticed that he's been feeling down and you think it's because you've been spending less time with him and going out more.

"Yes, she invited me and I simply could not refuse," you shrugged. Your eyes were fixed on the TV screen, but it was clear that you weren't really paying attention to what was playing. Your long, dark hair was pulled back into a messy bun, with a few strands falling out and framing your face. You wore a loose-fitting t-shirt and a pair of comfortable sweatpants, giving off an air of relaxation and ease.

"When am I going to meet your new friend?" he tilts his head slightly to the side, his eyes searching yours for an answer. His hands move from your lap to your back, where they begin to gently stroke and rub in a comforting manner.

It was a situation that you never thought you would find yourself in. You had always prided yourself on being an honest and trustworthy person, but now you were keeping such an immense secret from your husband and the world. It all started innocently enough.

At first, you tried your best to resist the temptation. You loved your husband and you sure didn't want to hurt him. But the more time you spent with Jungkook and his love confessions, the more you realized that you were falling for him. You both had so much more in common that you initially thought and he made you feel alive in a way that your husband never had.

You knew that what you were doing was wrong, but you couldn't help yourself. You started sneaking around to see Jungkook, telling Taehyung that you were meeting Yuna.

But now he was asking about Yuna all the time. He seemed genuinely interested in meeting her, and you didn't know if it was because of the fact that he started to grow suspicious of you or if he were genuinely curious about who you spent your time with. However, you didn't knew how to tell him the truth. You didn't want to hurt him, but you also didn't want to give up Jungkook.

You tried to justify your actions to yourself over the whole time. Telling yourself sweet lies of how your husband had been so distant lately, and you had been going through a rough patch that it was bound to happen. That it wasn't even something serious. Maybe this was just a temporary thing, and you could go back to being faithful once you figured out your feelings and the chaos inside your head. But deep down, you knew that you were lying to yourself.

You were torn between your love for your husband, to keep your family out of this mess and your desire for Jungkook. You knew that you couldn't keep this up forever, but you didn't know how to end it. You were afraid of losing Jungkook.

"I don't know Tae. Why are you asking me this?"

Taehyung takes a deep breath, preparing to speak. There is a sense of weight and gravity to his posture, as if he is carrying a heavy burden that he is about to release. "You've never once mentioned her to me and then suddenly you become super close with her and start spending all your free time with her. It looks like you both are getting really close. Don't get me wrong but I'm your husband so I think I should know your friends, especially the ones that are so close to you," his hands move in a soothing motion up and down your back, his touch warm and reassuring.

"You're right," you smile at him in hope that he forgets about this conversation soon. You know that sometimes Taehyung can be super persistent, especially when it comes to your safety, so you don't feel like arguing with him would change his opinion. "I hope I can introduce her to you anytime soon."